Support Engineer at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
Raise your hand if you LOVE ads! Yeah, we feel the same… So come be a part of the solution, by joining the team that is changing the face of advertising for the better. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding (RTB), The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies and their advertisers a best-in-class technology platform that focuses on delivering meaningful and relevant engagement with consumers.
With integrations into every major advertising exchange, we handle well over 4 trillion requests every month and growing – that's more page views and queries than Facebook, Google Search, and Google's entire network of websites combined – all serviced in single-digit-ms response times. Are you interested in working with big data? Do you want to push the edges of scale and responsiveness? It doesn't get much bigger or faster than this!
We are looking to hire a Support Engineer who will work in collaboration with our Business and Engineering Teams to ensure top notch API + Technical Support. This candidate should understand web technology, have experience working with and troubleshooting JSON and REST APIs, be a fast learner and not afraid of complexity.
They will ensure various Enterprise clients are supported effectively by focusing on
1) prevention of technical issues through building QA tests + enhancing error responses and external documentation to help developers resolve their problems themselves,
2) improving internal processes such as monitoring and alarming to catch important issues quickly, investigating issues to the root cause, and creating helpful internal troubleshooting documentation and
3) collaborating across client-facing and technical teams to ensure changes to APIs are smooth for both internal and external stakeholders, as well as globally within the wider support team.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about new technology, has not only the existing technical skills to be successful but also the acumen to learn even more; you’ll never run out of things to learn here. You’re comfortable being a mediator between account and technology teams, helping both reach solutions on high-priority technical issues. There is plenty of room for advancement in this role within the department or otherwise within our company, both as an independent contributor or leading a team.
What You'll Do:
· Serve as a Support Engineer for the Technical Account Management (TAM) team, who are responsible for communication and management of enterprise API clients and third-party partners that use various REST and JSON APIs
· Proactive troubleshooting initiatives: focus on prevention of issues (rather than only being reactive and focused only on resolution) such as API QA testing and validation
· Executing and manipulating stored procedures and writing queries in SQL
· Monitor the company’s ticketing case system; answer, troubleshoot and resolve various technical issues escalated by the TAM team related to our platform and APIs
· Responsible for owning incidents, including collaborating and escalating to Engineering, Product, and Business Intelligence
· Enhance internal processes such improving issue visibility for API users and internal stakeholders and improve alerting of priority issues
· Contribute to the company and Support Team’s knowledge base
· Coordinate in-depth training on Support-related tools and processes
· Identify opportunities for improvement within the business and lead projects to champion solutions addressing those gaps or weaknesses
· Light on-call/after-hours support
Who We Are Looking For:
· Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university or relevant substitute experience
· 4 – 6 years relevant work experience in Technical and/or Application Support with strong knowledge of API monitoring and troubleshooting
· Deep curiosity for understanding how things work, especially as it applies to technology and its underlying framework
· Exceptional troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to prioritize effectively and collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced, complex, and growing environment
· Mid-level to advanced experience with databases, SQL, API’s – Able to create queries to retrieve records, an understanding of the underlying data structures, an ability to interact with and troubleshoot JSON and REST APIs
· Work well in a team, including leading knowledge sharing and training sessions to help junior team members improve
· Experience handling complex datasets, identifying trends within the data, and performing comparisons between multiple data sources
· Knowledge of advertising technology industry is a plus
· Multi-lingual a plus #LI-TP1
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.