Support Engineer at SevenFifty
Our customers are the heart of our business and we need you to help them.
Have you ever gone to a New York City restaurant and ordered a bottle of wine from the Bordeaux region of France to celebrate your friend’s birthday? Or sampled a Heady Topper in Brooklyn and discussed its merits as the best beer in the country?
SevenFifty likely helped power that exchange by connecting the winemaker or brewer with the bar or restaurant. Once done by paper pricebooks, we’re building a platform that connects the three tiers of the beverage industry (makers, distributors, restaurants/retailers).
We’re building a community and we’d love to have you on the team.
What you’ll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of our data pipeline and work closely with our engineering and onboarding teams to improve it using analysis and technical ability.
- Identify ways to automate data ingestion and cleaning
- Monitor datafeeds and troubleshoot failures in our clients' custom integrations
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to inquiries over the phone and through email
What you'll have:
- Experience with a dynamic programming language (Ruby preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues quickly and efficiently.
- Experience with Zendesk (or comparable Support software)
- Interest in the wine/spirits/beer industry.
What it’s like to work here:
- We’re 50-ish people and growing, mostly based in Flatiron with a few remote colleagues.
- We are former hospitality professionals excited about shaping an industry.
- We like to take pilates or spin, grab drinks, and eat good food together.
- We have bookclub, game nights, cocktail classes, wine tastings, and bakeoffs
Perks & benefits:
- Company sponsored medical, dental, and vision
- Meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation to rest and recover
- Learning opportunities (like a professional wine certification course!)
SevenFifty is the end-to-end supply chain software and communications platform for wholesale alcohol. We build software that powers a connected supply chain, bringing innovative technology to this massive but antiquated industry. With the largest user base in wholesale alcohol and the most complete dataset of products sold in the U.S., SevenFifty helps importers, producers, distributors, and retail buyers connect with each other and do business in a modern world.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or socioeconomic status.