Technical Integrations Specialist
About the Custora Success team:
Retail marketing teams have a lot on their plates. The data they collect provides an unparalleled opportunity to establish meaningful and personal relationships with their customers, and it has also led to an explosion of metrics to track, measure, and optimize. Opens, click-throughs, likes, retweets, conversion rates: today’s retail marketer is resource-strapped and scrambling to execute on dozens of competing priorities. Overwhelmed with a flood of customer data, companies are looking for analytics software that will go beyond just reports and dashboards. They’re seeking platforms that will help them take action. Enter Custora.
The Customer Success team represents Custora by supporting, strategizing, and executing with retail marketing teams to optimize their marketing actions through the use of our software. Customer Success team members are also responsible for applying their understanding of customer needs and the e-commerce landscape to help Custora develop new features and improve the utility of the product. We are excited to work with some of the smartest retail and e-commerce marketing teams in the business (J.Crew, Crocs, Bonobos and more), and are passionate about building the future of marketing!
It all starts with a seamless, effective and thoughtful integration...
Things you’ll do:
- Lead the charge on the customer onboarding process at a fast-growing company.
- Learn the ins and outs of technical requirements and the workflow and will contribute to continuous improvement on this very important part of our customer lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the Integrations Project Manager to support the technical implementation of Custora supported integration methods.
- Work across the Success and Tech functions to gather the right data inputs and technical specifications.
- Join onboarding calls to interact directly with customers and answer technical integrations questions.
- Perform ad-hoc data pulls, file QA, and analysis to assist in gathering key insights for customers to support successful and efficient implementation.
Things you have:
- Knowledge of FTP servers, Amazon S3, and relational databases as well as associated tools (for example: FTP clients, SequelPro).
- Solid understanding of a unix system and command line tools like grep, as well as knowledge of one or more of the following: R, SQL, Ruby, or Python.
- Basic understanding of data encryption methods.
- Experience effectively communicating technical concepts to non-technical people (you may have been called a data geek once or twice in your life… and you happen to like talking to people).
- Track record of working cross-functionally with technical and business owners in order to support successful implementations.
- Big picture thinking to recognize how and which data inputs map to positive effects on downstream insights and marketing actions.
- Experience reading the technical documentation (API specs, business requirements documents, etc.) to identify solutions to problems. You aren't afraid to take the initiative to dive into documentation and can even create technical documentation for our customers/internal team members.
- You thrive with lots of projects on your plate and deadlines to meet. It invigorates you and gets you pumped-up to go to work every day.
Oh, the places you’ll go!
- Join at the ground level and be an instrumental part of the growth of a fast growing tech startup.
- Partner with the current Tech Integrations Specialist as she transitions to our Engineering team.
- Shape Custora’s customer onboarding workflow and processes and be an instrumental part in delivering a top notch onboarding experience
- Learn the ins and outs of CRM, digital marketing, e-commerce, retail, and SaaS businesses
- Work with an awesome, close-knit team of engineers, designers, consultants, marketers, and data scientists
What it’s like to work here:
- On Monday we eat and meet as a team to chat projects and progress.
- We’re 50 genuinely nice people. We work together (to varying degrees) and experiment with (figure out) how to do things. It’s an amazing environment to both explore your professional interests and shape your career trajectory.
- We move quickly. You build something and the next day it comes to life. You see and feel an immediate impact with the collective efforts of the team.
- We’re building a company and a team we love. We’re in it for the long run.
- Read more about what makes us, us here.
- Find out more here or here.
- We’re a flexible work environment.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% covered)
- Free lunch every day, plus free water — hot and cold!
- Unlimited vacation: take as much time as you need (we recommend at least 3 weeks)
- Monthly unlimited MetroCard.
Custora is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or socioeconomic status.