Technical SEO Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The SEO team at Better works to expand the value and customer base of our business through rapid, data-informed experimentation.
The Growth Team:
- Increases visitors to our site, leads and accounts
- Increases application completions, locks and funds
- Enables faster, more accurate experimentation and data analysis
- Identifies, validates and scales new acquisition opportunities
The team is searching for a Technical lead of SEO to develop and implement strategic initiatives to maximize site traffic through search channel optimization. You’ll assist in building the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key SEO product initiatives. The ideal candidate will be passionate about achieving business goals through optimizing site and code to rank and drive qualified traffic. This person must have deep technical knowledge, SEO best practices, and can be a bridge between engineering and marketing to implement best practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute the technical SEO roadmap for Better
- Work in partnership with content SEO team to collaboratively drive organic traffic and conversion
- Partner with engineering teams to define, build and deliver public-facing web pages, applications, calculators and tools developed to drive traffic
- Provide specialized technical guidance on current SEO trends to relevant partners and ensure proper adherence
- Heavily inform schema markup, site structure, coding and indexing to ensure we build an SEO-first site that will compete with SEO-first competitors
- Evangelize SEO best practices and adoption across cross-functional teams including content, engineering, product, UX, and design
- Define the roadmap for technical infrastructure to support SEO growth
- Audit and improve our existing site pages, while also staying up to date with the SEO community to monitor for algorithm updates and best practice. Perform technical SEO audits, investigate logs and make relevant recommendations.
- Partner with marketing and analytics team to build out reporting on organic traffic, domain authority, crawl rate, site speed, and keyword ranking; monitor performance and identify growth opportunities
- Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency. Make good decisions and articulate the reasoning to stakeholders
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve SEO acquisition and conversion
- Evangelize SEO throughout the org. Always be learning and sharing your findings with the team so that you can scale yourself. Make us all part of the Growth team
- You’ve worked for 5-8 years in a customer focused product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
- You are a SEO subject matter expert with advanced understanding of SEO ranking factors, algorithms and SEO best practices
- You are customer obsessed, and are always looking for ways to improve the service design
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You’re committed to collaboration and are able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty and are equally comfortable balancing tactical and strategic investments
- You have the mental resilience to know that we're just at the start of a long journey
- You challenge archaic processes to make them better for consumers by removing friction (aka you live to make complex things simple)
- You are comfortable in an ever-changing environment and have a passion for successfully navigating ambiguous problem areas
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.