Technical Support Engineer at Cedar
Cedar has built a platform that combines data science and machine learning to connect patients with healthcare providers in a way that helps solve the critical challenges of patient billing and payment. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We're seeking a Technical Support Engineer to help research, troubleshoot, and build solutions to issues that arise with our clients (healthcare providers). This person will work on the front lines, diving into data, researching potential problems, and coding robust solutions.
This role is great for people interested in a technical support role with aspirations of becoming a software engineer, client strategist, or product manager.
- Respond to and debug technical issues that arise from our integrations with clients.
- Analyze data from our clients and troubleshoot issues with missing or misinterpreted data.
- Work with Cedar business development, software engineers and PMs to discover and fix technical issues in our product.
- Help ensure technical issues are resolved quickly with quality solutions.
- Help ensure our integrations with clients operate smoothly.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and write code at an introductory level (Python preferred)
- Experience working with a database and SQL
- Based in the New York City area
- Passion for helping patients
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Experience in a technical support or analyst position
- Experience with or interest in client-facing responsibilities
- Experience with Django and/or Bash
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- Work with a smart & engaging team
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund