Threat Intelligence Hacker at White Ops
At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, and keep it human.
Our team is responsible for developing systems which enable our peers’ in-depth research. Our mission is to eliminate recurring tasks by automating them, identify new intelligence sources, and make the data easily searchable to facilitate our peers’ discoveries. We are “enablers” in every sense of the word and strive to enable not just our team but the entire White Ops organization.
What you'll do:
- Ad hoc investigations to validate and respond to threat detection and intelligence requests with velocity and quality
- Deep diving into extracted traffic fingerprints for anomalies
- Investigate applications of uncertain maliciousness on multiple types of Operating Systems
- Investigate data for both anomalous and correlated events
- Evaluate and implement analytical methods and algorithms to enhance detection and attribution of threats leveraged from data discovered by other Detection teams
- Contribute to toolkits and platforms that scale threat detection
- Develop methods to track malware, botnets, and actors
- Detailing your discoveries for internal and external sharing
- Discover adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) leveraging bots
- Find malware capabilities and weaknesses
- Create and validate data insights to enhance detection excellence
Who you are:
- Enhance operational security of researchers
- Improve detection of known bad actors in our dataset
- Automate discovery into network Indicators of Compromise
- Improve quantity and quality of data enrichment
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Stock options, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.