Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
This person will lead Ro’s Corporate Development function. They will source, negotiate, structure, and execute strategic acquisitions and investments that ladder up to Ro’s strategy. Innovation is needed in healthcare now more than ever and it won’t all come from a single company - this role will be instrumental in helping to identify the strategic acquisitions that will enable Ro to achieve it’s overarching goal to become a patient’s first call.
Who are you? Great question. You’re a systems thinker. You can zoom in to 10ft and zoom out to 30,000 feet. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You’ve done this before and have a successful track-record of identifying and executing acquisitions and partnerships. You love incentives. You don’t lose sight of the details but you don’t get caught up in minutia. You work well cross-functionally.
You thrive in the uncertainty and fast pace of a startup. You embrace change. You’re relentless. You do things that don’t scale but can scale them up when necessary. You’re metrics driven and love data. You can articulate the “why” behind your decisions. You’re constantly in pursuit of the best allocation of resources for the company not in pursuit of the deal at all costs.
Most importantly, you have an unrelenting drive to put patients in control of their health and never lose sight of that in seeking the right-fit partnerships or deals for Ro.
This role reports into the CEO.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and leadership to create a build, buy, or partner framework
- Research new markets, identify key trends, and translate data into actionable insights
- Lead the cross-functional creation of business cases for potential acquisitions
- Develop network of industry contacts, venture capital firms, and investment banking/advisory executives to bring industry knowledge to support strategic discussions
- Support Ro’s growth by sourcing, evaluating, and executing strategic acquisitions
- Support Business Development in evaluating other strategic initiatives: partnerships, joint ventures, and licensing in systematic fashion
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure acquisitions are seamlessly integrated
- Communicate and share progress with Ro’s board of directors
What You Bring to the Team:
- A successful track record of autonomously leading strategic acquisitions from beginning to end
- Passion for and deep understanding of the digital/consumer internet and healthcare landscapes, including knowledge of industry trends, metrics, and key players
- Ability to distill massive amounts of complex information into digestible formats that lead to productive discussions
- Exceptional strategic, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty
- Self-starter mentality and a willingness to always go the extra mile
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.