At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and have a major impact on our continued success. You will be working with a great team with supportive team leaders.About the Job:
As a Weekend Team Lead at Rent the Runway, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of ~15 highly motivated and enthusiastic Customer Experience Associates as well as overseeing ~15 rotating Customer Experience Associates staffed to work over the weekend. Your day to day will consistent of providing coaching and mentorship to exceed our service level goals and deliver exceptional customer experiences. You will also be an expert on our internal systems, processes, and technology and actively assist associates to ensure timely resolution and consistency for customers. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working with leadership to escalate and resolve issues.
This is a great role for a leader who can motivate others to reach team and individual goals. We’re looking for enthusiastic, confident leaders with strong interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic. In order to succeed in this role, your team needs to be successful as well.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of Customer Experience Associates with a variety of experience, providing guidance, coaching, and consistent feedback
- Partner with other Team Leads to maintain department KPIs for service levels and quality, drive consistency across all teams, and provide leadership with end of shift recaps
- Establish customer-first culture and be a point of escalation for customer issues while ensuring all compliance and company policies are being met
- Problem solve real-time, pivoting based on business and customer needs
- Maintain a pulse on ongoing learning opportunities and knowledge gaps on your team to ensure adequate training of all our associates
- Take part in the interview process for potential candidates
- 5+ years in a customer-centric role
- 3+ years of management experience
- BA/BS degree preferred
- You approach work with a collaborative mindset and drive to help others succeed
- You have a proven track record of developing employees in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- You are passionate about building the brand through incredible customer experiences
Shift: Saturday’s & Sunday’s Required
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.