Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are interested in solving the legal challenges for a fast-growing company in the technology sector.
We are looking for an experienced Paralegal to work from our NYC office in Soho. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, the Paralegal will have broad exposure to the entire organization, and assist across all legal matters impacting the company both in the US and abroad.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing legal team from the ground up.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drafting and reviewing Board of Directors and shareholder resolutions
- Maintaining the cap table
- Managing domestic and international subsidiary compliance
- Developing and managing the company’s contract database
- Assisting with drafting and reviewing a diverse range of agreements including NDAs, vendor and supplier contracts, and marketing/sales contracts
- Maintaining the trademark docket and assisting on intellectual property compliance
- Assisting with equity and debt financing transactions
- Managing virtual data rooms
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s degree
- In-house and/or law firm experience
- Familiarity with contract terms and general corporate compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) or Google Office Suite (Docs, Drive, Sheets, and Slides)
- Excellent organizations skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, formatting) and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.