Analyst - Product
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About This Role:
Foursquare is expanding its world-class analytics team with the mission of reinventing how the online and offline worlds are connected using our proprietary location intelligence solutions. Foursquare is seeking a talented NYC-based Analyst — Product who will be the go-to resource for analytics needs of all customer-facing activities covering not only our own existing and future apps, but also the SDK technology that powers the location experiences of partner brands like Tripadvisor and AccuWeather. Reporting into the Sr. Director of Analytics, this role will work closely with all parts of analytics as well as with the engineering, product, sales and marketing organizations to get to the bottom of hard data questions, to ensure data quality and identify opportunities that will shape the direction of the company.
Read more about what we’re building at https://medium.com/foursquare-direct.
- Be a core part of the Analytics team. Work closely with product managers and software engineers.
- Understand how our technology works, monitor the performance, and identify issues and help diagnose the root cause by asking the right questions.
- Lead cross-functional ad-hoc investigations, triage and investigate the root cause, teasing apart multiple overlaid factors.
- Work with the product and data engineering teams on tracking the performance of consumer-related data sets, and monitor and improve that performance.
- Analyze A/B tests and recommend which option to choose.
- Help uncover and identify new product opportunities by exploring massive datasets and digging for patterns.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in an analytical field such as CS/Engineering/Econ/Math/Stats/Physics/etc.
- 3+ years work experience as a Quantitative Analyst, Data Scientist, or comparable role, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Experience working with large datasets and expertise in SQL; Ideally familiar with a/b testing, AWS (Redshift, S3), Databricks or Python
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience in location technology preferred
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, modeling, and multivariate testing
- A perfectionist for getting analyses correct; a pragmatist for getting things done on time
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.