Associate Product Manager
We’re Away. We make thoughtful objects for modern travel. For us, getting Away means getting more out of every trip to come.
We’re seeking an Associate Product Manager to help roadmap, prioritize, update, and QA all aspects of our online experience, including our webstore, our editorial site, and internal tools. This individual will be working closely with the Director of Digital Product and VP, E-Commerce, along with internal business owners (including engineering, digital design, editorial, marketing, and data / analytics). The right candidate is excited to be an early employee at a recently-launched, venture-backed lifestyle brand and is eager to take on a wide array of responsibilities. This position is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to product strategy and vision, develop roadmaps, prioritize user stories, and drive product development from conceptualization, design, development, launch and beyond.
- Maintain the product and feature roadmap and spec out new initiatives
- Work in conjunction with editorial, engineering, digital design, marketing, and data insights teams to ensure that feature launches are prioritized and launched on schedule
- Collaborate with the creative team to define creative needs for web and develop needed assets (copy, photo, video, etc.)
- Partner with UX design team to continually create engaging and compelling user experiences
- Analyze user behavior across the entire site and develop hypotheses for split testing and optimizing Away’s browsing and shopping experience
- Take quantitative data from Google Analytics and other data sources to inform product decision making
- Conduct user testing on our online experience to inform product decision making
- Develop a framework for how to measure the success of product improvements over time
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of digital product experience in an e-commerce environment. Prior startup experience highly preferred.
- Have a solid understanding of web development and architecture and UX design principles. Familiarity with data architecture a plus.
- Can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Are familiar with the latest trends in digital design and e-commerce
- Are intellectually curious and eager to understand how / why something works (or doesn’t) for a user
- HTML / CSS / Sketch / InVision / Zeplin / Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Love to travel (but that's a given)
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.