Data Product Manager at Electric
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners, 01 Advisors and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.The Role
We are seeking an experienced and creative Technical Product Manager with a track record of building innovative data-driven products. As the Technical Product Manager for our Data Team, you will work with customers and internal stakeholders to build data-driven intelligence into Electric’s product and operations. This is a rare opportunity as the solutions you develop and deploy will have a real and immediate impact on both Electric’s customers and our own business operations. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you and you want to be a part of a company that was just named a Forbes Cloud100 Rising Star, then you should apply!What you’ll do
- Develop and execute a roadmap to align with Electric's mission and strategic goals relevant to our core data science and engineering functions.
- Define and prioritize new product features that leverage Electric’s unique dataset to bring automated and predictive IT intelligence to customers.
- Own our internal analytics environment, and work with internal stakeholders to satisfy analytical and business intelligence needs across the company.
- Work closely with data scientists, engineers, and analysts to drive data projects, writing technical stories and owning agile process for the team.
- Champion data-driven practices across the team, and help your Product and Engineering peers successfully adopt data tooling and processes.
- Understand user pain points through interviews, user groups, and shadowing sessions
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and other product team to manage delivery of complex projects
- 2+ years of Product Management experience at a high-growth startup
- 4+ years experience in technical or highly analytical roles (formal engineering experience a plus, but not required).
- Proven ability to successfully lead products through the development lifecycle
- Exceptional ability to prioritize multiple projects and requests from stakeholders
- Team player with a strong desire to teach others and learn from others
- Strong empathy for users
- Conversant in basic statistical and machine learning concepts, such as hypothesis tests, classification, and regression. (Enough to collaborate effectively with data scientists and analysts.)
- A methodical and analytical mindset, with demonstrated experience analyzing and deriving insights from large and/or complex datasets.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, and experience with modern business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, Mode, Chartio, etc.).
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.