Director, Care Product at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
The Product function at Cityblock works to articulate and codify the core concepts and features of our business model, positioning the company for rigor and scale. Cityblock’s Product team is highly cross-functional and partners across the board with Growth, Finance, Market Operations, and Clinical Leadership to reconcile strategy and requirements.
The team has both a digital arm (overseeing our custom tooling, technology surfaces, and and analytics efforts) and a “care” arm (overseeing our delivery model design, multi-market iteration, national vendor strategy, and playbook). In both cases, we look to members of the Product team to relentlessly focus resources against business need, and ship impact.
As our Director of Care Product, you’ll work with a broad range of cross-functional leaders to define, iterate, and scale our core care model across regional markets. Success in this role will require thoughtful prioritization and vision-setting, rigorous systems thinking, and building credibility across the executive team.
- Partner closely with Clinical Leadership to deeply understand our Care Model vision, and codify that into something tangible, modular, and systematized for the rest of the org to plug into
- Build and oversee the core organizing principles of our Care Model. What is common, what is regional? How do we stand up and iterate on new markets? How do we articulate new efforts or bets?
- Collaborate with Growth & Market Leadership teams to understand external model requirements, be it financial, regulatory, commercial or otherwise. Drive the ongoing reconciliation process between these constituents and our central Clinical strategy
- Own our care team staffing ratios and related iterations; ensure productive balance between clinical vision, financial viability, and operational practicality
- Own the packaging of core central care model features and IP, such as: “Diabetes Care Management” or “Home Visit Checklist”. Oversee these initiatives from initial conceptualization and requirements gathering through to MVP, iteration, and ultimate scaled roll-out
- Partner with Market Leadership to organize market-level Care Model experimentation and federation; track tests and deviations, and centralize scalable innovations
- Partner with Market Leadership to organize market-level “care model strategy” documents for each major region we enter; inclusive of model adaptations, feature articulation, and vision for corporate P&L success
- Consult Digital Product teams to scope product options and enable scalability of tooling & technologies
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 6+ years experience in new-build operations environments, preferably within high-growth multi-market organizations.
- You have 3+ yrs experience managing & scaling teams
- You have deep experience and comfort in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- You have a track record of building credible relationships with clinical & non-clinical stakeholders across an organization. You drive consensus and decision making through complex stakeholder situations
- You have excellent process management skills, with a keen ability to push back and get the answers you need
- You are a deeply analytical and systems thinker. You bring modularity and design-for-scale to all you do
- You are committed to transforming the quality of healthcare for the most vulnerable populations
Nice to have:
- Experience working directly with digital product teams in modern technology organizations
- Depth of domain experience in Medicaid Care Delivery, Capitated Primary Care, or the Social Determinants of Health
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.