Director, Product Analytics at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
New York, NY, US, 10012
Date: Jun 10, 2021
Req ID: 3372
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery's Digital group covers a wide array of vertical platforms, including DTC and TV Everywhere products. We are looking for a Director, Product Analytics to join the Analytics team to provide reports and insights to assist data driven decisions.
The Director of Product Analytics is a critical role that will work closely with Product, Engineering, Recommendation, Ad Sales, and Ad Tech teams to lead analytics projects to improve customer experience including ad experience to drive audience and increase revenue. This is an amazing role for someone who is technical savvy, intellectually curious, a strategic and tactical thinker with a highly analytical mind, and looking to have an impact on key business decisions.
1. Lead and project manage analytical initiatives that affect customer experience, with a focus on user journey, conversion funnel, product features and Ad load.
2. Partner with business leads to identify key performance metrics and reporting needs
3. Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to identify insights that will improve customer experience and drive product growth
4. Build comprehensive testing plans for ad loads
5. Communicate and present key insights to stakeholders
6. Become well versed in a variety of analytics tools and evangelize digital analytics to promote self-service, efficiency, and best practices within the company
7. Build strong relationships with internal teams to consistently understand analytical needs, train new team members
• BA/BS degree in Math/Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
• 8+ years of experience with data/analytics, consumer product or digital media experience preferred
• Proficiency with Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
• Product A/B testing and quality measurement experience
• Experience with SQL, R, and/or Python
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to distill complex analyses or concepts into understandable terms
• Experience managing cross-functional projects
• Self-starter, comfortable initiating projects from design to execution with minimal supervision
• Must have legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City