Teachable is looking for an experienced Product leader to deepen our ongoing commitment to helping our customers build and operate their small knowledge-based businesses.
In partnership with a Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for the features and functionality in our platform we lovingly call “Core”. This encompasses everything from managing knowledge content (online courses), student enrollment, customer management, assignments / quizzes, interaction capabilities, interoperability and more.
Our development teams are structured into cross-functional Product Engineering pods each consisting of 4-6 engineers (including an engineering lead or manager), a Product Manager, a Product Designer. You will oversee multiple pods spanning customer-facing feature development, supporting your engineering leads and managers and ensuring the successful execution of their initiatives and operations.
On the strategic level you will be responsible for developing the overall direction and roadmap for our Core product capabilities in alignment with your engineering partners, and other internal departments. You will also be expected to continue building your team’s capabilities as your area of the business grows by hiring the right people and structuring the teams to be as effective as possible.
You are also expected to partner with the VP of Product and other Director-level leaders in the Technology organization to build towards our shared vision and strategy, and develop the Core crew’s strategy as a key leader. You are not expected to do hands-on Product Management as a core responsibility. Your first and foremost responsible for coaching and guiding very capable individual contributor Product Managers to fulfill their responsibilities at their full potential.
This position reports into the VP of Product.
Well over 40,000 solopreneurs and small businesses trust us with their small businesses and we intend to keep working harder and harder to help them run their businesses successfully and effortlessly. Hopefully with your assistance.
- Strategic leadership of the Core capabilities of our platform, including content management, workflow tools, student / customer management, integrations/API and more.
- People management of individual contributor Product Managers in the Core crew, including mentorship and career development.
- Connecting the dots between R&D capital allocation and financial results.
- Collaborate with the rest of Product Engineering leadership to ensure we’re building towards a unified product vision with uniform methodologies.
- Keep the Core crew’s primary partners informed, engaged and excited about the development of our Core offering.
- Bridge tactics and strategy, and connect the dots between the execution of multiple cross-functional Product Engineering pods.
What We’re Looking For:
- A Product leader with a proven track record both as a solid individual contributor, and more strategic leader
- At least 5-10+ years of experience in software products, preferably with the software-as-a-service business model
- A people manager who has managed teams of at least 3-5 highly skilled experts successfully
- Strong domain knowledge of business workflow and content products and at least 3-5 years of experience working in a Product Management / leadership capacity in them
- Experience working in growth stage ($10MM - $100MM ARR) companies
- Solid financial and business strategy skills, and a willingness to dive into a profit & loss statement to drive strategy, even while keeping the customer as their primary focus
- Thrives in ambiguity and can independently make forward progress in situations when given minimal guidance
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.