Director of Product, Member at Bread
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We’re looking for a Director of Product to join our growing Product team. Reporting to our SVP of Product, this role will be a core member of our Product Leadership team. You will lead our Member Product Management team to drive Product Strategy, Execution, and Iteration on all of our post-checkout consumer experiences. You will collaborate with senior leaders in Operations, Finance, Legal, Design, and Engineering to deliver high-quality solutions that drive direct impact to Bread’s top and bottom line.
Your role at Bread:
- You will own and drive the strategic vision and roadmap for our post-origination consumer experiences - both on and offline.
- You will partner with leaders in Product and across Bread to develop a well-grounded strategy, driven by data, user and market research, and internal insights.
- Individually and as a manager, you will partner closely with Design and Engineering to bring that vision and roadmap to life, driving measurable top and bottom line growth for Bread.
- You will coach and grow your team members into long-term company leaders. You will hire onto and and scale your team in line with the company strategy and needs.
- As a key member of the Product Leadership Team, you will own and drive improvement to internal and cross functional team processes and practices.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of product leadership experience for a Financial Technology organization where you built technology-enabled lending products and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience at companies in many stages - especially high growth environments
- Ability to blend strategic and tactical execution skills; drive high-level strategy as well as dive into the weeds and get hands-on when needed
- Effective communicator who cares about people and can build relationships and alignment both internally and externally
- Built, led and developed a high-performing team, scaling from 1 to 5+ team members; experience leading a remote/distributed team environment a plus
- Clear understanding and ability to explain the business opportunity and technical decisions behind your product portfolio
About Alliance Data Card Services
Alliance Data Card Services provides market-leading private label, co-brand, general purpose and commercial credit card programs, digital payments and Comenity-branded financial services. Using the industry’s most comprehensive and predictive data set, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching capabilities, Alliance Data Card Services has been helping partners increase sales and provide greater value to their customers for more than 30 years. Follow Alliance Data Card Services on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
A division of Alliance Data, Bread is a leading digital payments company that works with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Through its full-funnel recommendation engine, Bread empowers merchants to sell more, improve conversion and lift average-order-value. Follow Bread on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Alliance Data Card Services and Bread are a proud part of the Alliance Data enterprise, a FORTUNE 500 and S&P MidCap 400 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio with more than 8,500 associates worldwide.
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Alliance Data complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. Applicants with disabilities may contact Alliance Data to request an arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at [email protected].