Director, Product Operations
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stable coin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
The Paxos’ Operation Team supports many key functions for our business and customers. This international group is responsible for everything from customer Onboarding and support, to managing daily transactions and processes across multiple products, to working with various stakeholder groups across the business.
2019 was a big year for Paxos, we launched several products and rolled out partnerships with a number of key asset providers, and we are expecting that 2020 will be another year of growth and scale. As we continue to bring on more customers, make key product enhancements, and add new partners to our roster, the complexity of our daily operations will increase. As a result, we are growing the Operations Team and hiring key leadership positions into our various pillars.
One of these leadership roles is a Director, Product Operations, who will manage and grow the team responsible for a large component of our day-to-day business operations including settlements, transactions, and operational risk across areas including fiat, securities, commodities and crypto settlements. This role will also be responsible for building a strategic, roadmap to manage settlements as we scale, as well as partnering effectively with key business stakeholders from Product, Business Development, and other Operations pillars.
In addition to daily operations, the Director will need to be a strong player/coach who can get into the weeds when necessary and also operate with a strategic mindset. Hands on management of a global team is critical. This is a senior role that will have a direct, and measurable, impact on Paxos’ growth.
What you will do:
- Manage and grow a team of global Operations Associates. Identify key skills areas for the business and implement plans to hire and train up phenomenal SMEs
- Analyze existing processes across all of our products and identify areas of improvement. Execute on improvement plans as we scale
- Build best-in-class risk mitigation processes, identify key risk indicators, and regularly report on progress across the business
- Work closely with our technology group around product launches; ensuring that the appropriate operational and risk controls are defined, tested, and documented before go-live
- Ensure department procedure documents are accurate, robust and up-to-date. Train team members and Company stakeholders as appropriate
- Partner with the Recruiting Team to find and hire great people
- Act as a brand ambassador to both candidates and potential partners
- Support and drive continuous improvement for staff, processes and procedures; applies lesson-learned from previous experiences and assignments
- Communicates with confidence and creates a credible impression internally and externally ensuring that information presented is accurate and high-caliber
- Coordinate and partner with the Compliance team on the development, implementation and maintenance of their respective department or business area's procedures and internal controls.
What you need to have:
- 10 years of prior work experience in an operations, settlements, or product role
- Previous experience in a startup or other quickly growing company
- Previous experience managing teams. Preference for candidates who have inherited teams as well as hired them from scratch
- Strong understanding of process automation. You can suggest existing software or internal product enhancements that can make processes faster and more reliable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent partnership and stakeholder management skills
- Prior experience managing remote teams is a nice to have
- Experience launching new products is a nice to have
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
- Podcast with Paxos Founder
- Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
- Paxos in the WSJ