Group Product Manager, Acquisition (Growth) at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better opportunity:
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life.
Better is looking for a Group Product Manager with deep understanding of acquisition KPIs and complex funnels for the Growth and Partnerships Team. You will work closely with amazingly talented engineers, designers, data scientists and others throughout the company. Your role will be the glue that holds that cross-functional effort together from start to finish.
Straddling the line between high-level approach and hands-on execution, you are well versed in product and business strategy; capable of communicating deftly about technical topics; and passionate about building out platforms to benefit both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a data-informed product strategy for Customer Acquisition based on your deep understanding of Better’s customers, growth funnels, acquisition channels, and product intuition
- Leading execution of the product strategy to achieve growth targets
- Building context and buy-in for your product strategy among your key stakeholders, core team members and the executive team by leveraging data, user research and competitive analysis to enable scaling of new partners, affiliates, paid media, and organic channels
- Ensuring your team is focused on high ROI initiatives by working with product analysts, data science, user research, and marketing to model impact of potential growth initiatives and rapidly adjust priorities based on new learnings
- Influencing strategic direction by proactively sharing your expertise, insights, and vision
- Partnering with key stakeholders in Growth Marketing, Product Marketing, and Partnerships to identify opportunities to improve conversion of leads from partners and performance marketing channels
- Leading your team through the inception and rapid development and iteration of new features and experiments to grow the Better’s customer base while also creating customer value and removing friction
- Sharing insights and results throughout the company
- Bringing your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Owning acquisition product work for all paid channels and managing 1-2 product managers focused on SEO, organic growth, and NUX
- Balancing competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- You’ve worked for 8-10+ years in a product management capacity at a technology-driven organization.
- 1-2+ years of direct management experience
- Experience with A/B testing and optimization on landing pages
- Have a growth marketing/optimization mindset; deeply analytical
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities and intellectual curiosity
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
- You’re committed to collaboration and able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.