Group Product Manager at TrialSpark
TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.About the Position
Technology is core to TrialSpark’s long term differentiation and a key part of TrialSpark’s focus. We believe that the right product investments can have a tremendous impact on the timelines, quality, and costs of the end-to-end drug development process, as well as on clinical trial access and experience for patient volunteers.
As a Group Product Manager, you will manage a team of Product Managers delivering products that may span patient enrollment, trial logistics, data collection, and analysis. You will also partner with Engineering, Design, and other teams across the organization to help deliver on TrialSpark’s mission. You are an example of what TrialSpark Tech should be, and will be deeply involved in setting the cultural tone of our Product organization. Ultimately, you are responsible for your team and their ability to deliver high-quality products and business value across the clinical trial journey.
This role is based at our NYC headquarters. Our NYC teams are currently remote but will be returning to the office in a hybrid model in September, with in-office time 1 day per week.Relevant Experience
- You have at least 4 years of product management experience, with 1+ years of people-management experience
- You have a track record of leading high-performance teams and shipping successful products from genesis to launch and beyond
- You are an expert in product craft and can mentor other PMs in first principles thinking, data & insights, product sense, execution, and stakeholder management
- You learn quickly and are motivated to become an expert on clinical trials, from how studies are designed to how the FDA approves a new drug
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity, biased toward action, and know how to drive decisions and action plans that lead to roadmaps
- You roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to make your product and team successful
- You are an excellent communicator – both verbal and written – and are a highly structured thinker
- You have a passion for building tools that make operators more efficient and relish removing wasteful actions and process
- You have a strong understanding of financial models and have the ability to tie the metrics your product drives to financial outcomes
- You have partnered with Sales and BD organizations and are comfortable in client facing meetings with external leadership
- You have experience working at companies with large operations teams and/or in regulated spaces
- You have experience as an entrepreneur or working with early-stage products
- You have experience in operations research and understand how to design human processes alongside tech innovations
- About TrialSpark
- Mission and Purpose at TrialSpark: Why we do what we do
- The Dorm Room Fund podcast: Office Hours with Ben Liu (CEO of TrialSpark)
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.