Lead Product Manager, Exchange and Financial Products at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Role: Lead Product Manager, Exchange and Financial Products
In this role, you'll work with leadership and project execution teams on listed derivatives products and other trading products at Gemini, helping to define the scope and objectives of projects, and working directly with engineering teams to deliver production systems. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple internal teams. The ideal candidate can draw on domain expertise but also operate with a beginner's mind on projects to deliver compelling and at times novel derivatives and other trading products in the crypto space.
- Work closely with engineers and internal stakeholders and use data-driven approaches to identify potential areas of improvement within the business.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholder groups to understand business needs and set and manage priorities.
- Engage in work with regulators and other external partners related to regulated products.
- Regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, or equivalent experience in other roles on project teams. Note that candidates with 10+ years of experience will also be considered for this role.
- Proven track record of delivering production software products in an agile development environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage complex projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product and business decisions.
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project.
- Experience with derivatives in an exchange, brokerage, or other professional trading context.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge from working in the CFTC and/or SEC regulated space.
- Understanding of the cryptocurrency exchange trading ecosystem and its evolution over the past 5 years is a plus.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency protocol technology is a plus.
- Experience with financial exchange operations is a plus.
- Experience with automated risk management systems and clearing systems is a plus.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.