The Role: Lead Product Manager, Exchange and Financial Products
In this role, you'll work with leadership and project execution teams on listed derivatives products and other trading products at Gemini, helping to define the scope and objectives of projects, and working directly with engineering teams to deliver production systems. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple internal teams. The ideal candidate can draw on domain expertise but also operate with a beginner's mind on projects to deliver compelling and at times novel derivatives and other trading products in the crypto space.
- Work closely with engineers and internal stakeholders and use data-driven approaches to identify potential areas of improvement within the business.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholder groups to understand business needs and set and manage priorities.
- Engage in work with regulators and other external partners related to regulated products.
- Regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, or equivalent experience in other roles on project teams. Note that candidates with 10+ years of experience will also be considered for this role.
- Proven track record of delivering production software products in an agile development environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage complex projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product and business decisions.
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project.
- Experience with derivatives in an exchange, brokerage, or other professional trading context.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge from working in the CFTC and/or SEC regulated space.
- Understanding of the cryptocurrency exchange trading ecosystem and its evolution over the past 5 years is a plus.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency protocol technology is a plus.
- Experience with financial exchange operations is a plus.
- Experience with automated risk management systems and clearing systems is a plus.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.