Manager, Product Documentation at Peloton
Peloton is seeking an experienced manager to oversee our Product Documentation team. The Product Documentation team creates printed and digital documentation for users of Peloton’s connected fitness devices. This requires a fine balance of user communication, technical accuracy, regulatory requirements, and branding in each document. Their documentation, most of which is member-facing, includes user manuals, quick start guides, scripts for instructional videos, and supplementary guides. Some of their work can be found at onepeloton.com/manuals.
This role will be responsible for managing all documentation development across our product portfolio and managing a team of writers and editors. They will report to the Director of Product Management and work in close partnership with Product, Program Management, Creative, and Legal.
- Oversee the development of all product documentation across Peloton’s product portfolio
- Cultivate a members-first mindset and drive the high level vision for Peloton’s user-facing product documentation
- Manage a team of technical writers and editors, supporting each individual’s work and personal development
- Intake and assign new documentation projects
- Maintain timelines for and up-to-date statuses of the team’s projects
- Manage team resourcing needs, bandwidth, and priorities
- Help ensure the quality of each document and that it has gone through all development phases, including review and formal approval, before completion
- Create, improve, and socialize team processes
- Identify methods and tools to make the team’s work even better and consistent as the product portfolio and geographic reach grows
- Report cross-functionally on the team’s accomplishments and priorities
- Manage risks, issues, or delays as they arise; help the team make the right trade-offs within a dynamic product environment
- Partner with other team leaders, especially Product Management, Program Management, Creative, International, Legal, and Member Experience, on priorities and initiatives
- 3+ years experience managing a team
- Experience creating and implementing process
- Experience with recurring reporting on a large set of information or projects
- Project management expertise with a track record of overseeing projects from start to finish
- Experience with product documentation, content/asset creation, or product development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative nature and positive attitude
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.