Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
About the Role
We’re looking for an inspiring and passionate leader who will shape the future of product visual language across our product touch points. The Principal Product Designer, Visual Systems will lead the creation of united visual systems for the entire product experience across-platforms, that delights our patients at every interaction. You will establish and uphold a high bar for aesthetics, UX/UI principles, accessibility and brand communication by creating, instilling and evolving compelling visual systems of Ro’s design systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Bring a strong conceptual thinking to define elegant and delightful visual solutions across product touch points.
- Deliver human-centered Visual/UI principles in a scalable design system and robust documentation.
- Bring a strong leadership to influence and inspire a broader Product Design team and push boundaries to up level the quality of our visual craft by conducting design reviews, coaching and guiding.
- Evolve the visual systems by developing a future-forward Visual/UI that keeps our design language on trends, competitive and meets the needs of users at all times.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers and Research teams to continue evolving the visual systems and serve the needs of patients.
- Foster partnerships with teams outside the Tech Org, including Brand/Marketing to ensure product visual systems communicate and deepens Ro’s brand values in a consistent manner across customer journeys.
What You’ll Bring:
- Embodies our Ro values—is insatiably Curious, Effective, Relentless, Empathetic, and Magical
- A proven track record of delivering compelling product experience through visual communications across platforms - website, web app, native app.
- An excellent communicator and collaborator.
- A strong conceptual and systems thinker.
- 8+ years of experience in creating Visual/UI strategy and direction in digital products.
- 4+ years managing and/or coaching UI Design teams.
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.