Principal Product Manager, Search (Remote Optional, US) at Onna
* This role can be on-site/hybrid remote in our San Francisco, North Carolina, or New York offices, as well as fully remote from the US. You must have authorization to work in the location the position is posted.
Onna’s Knowledge Integration Platform enables our customers and partners to quickly find what they need with context that generates insights and knowledge, and powers better decision-making. Connectors to the world's most trusted SaaS services like Slack, Zoom, Teams and Dropbox collect information which is then indexed and passed through a number of machine-learning and natural language processing engines to extract meaning and insight. Through a unique combination of enterprise search capabilities and Al-powered context awareness, customers discover insight from multiple sources quickly and easily.
Our search capabilities are the bridge between information and insight. As a Principal Product Manager for Search, you will own our Search platform strategy and shape the future of Onna’s Knowledge Integration Platform. Like all Product Managers at Onna, you will manage a roadmap for your product area and work closely with a development team to execute, deliver, and meet release and sprint goals. In this role, you will have specific responsibility for scaling up our Search development capabilities to support more accurate and relevant discovery through search. If this interests you, we’d love to hear from you!
Who you are:
Please note that this is not an SEO-related position. This search focuses on bringing content together from different sources based on keyword or content attributes using filtering
- You have 5+ years experience in Product Management or Development with Search technology
- You have relevant experience as a Product manager with search oriented, data-intensive SaaS products. This includes but is not limited to ElasticSearch, OpenSarch, Coveo.
- Understanding the dynamics of Search in terms of quality, relevance and personalization.
- Search algorithm definition and development experience is a very nice to have!
- You’re expert with how Search capabilities (search and present results) are exposed to users through UI and APIs
- Superb at collaborating with engineering, writing clear, detailed technical requirements based on addressing customer need, as well as in validating the UX with end users
- You have an interest in optimizing systems for scalability and extensibility
- Bring experience leveraging data from multiple sources to inform product decisions.
- Have led product direction in an agile environment.
- You have outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills. You consider context, and adjust your approach accordingly.
Benefits we offer:
We've entered a new era of remote work, where our day-to-day is now virtual, and we're committed to adapting to embrace this change.
- Competitive salary package
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies
- Flexible working time
- Remote and semi-remote work opportunities
- Monthly virtual fitness and well-being stipend
- Learning and development budget
- Monthly virtual team Lunch-and-Learns and Happy Hours
- Birthday and anniversary celebration
About us, our product, and our funding:
We're Onna: A passionate, hard-working team solving one of the biggest challenges facing today's businesses — knowledge fragmentation. We've built the world's first Knowledge Integration Platform to make enterprise knowledge more accessible, useful, and private. We help some of the world's leading companies like Facebook, Slack, Electronic Arts, and Fitbit, to bring together fragmented knowledge from today's most popular workplace applications.
Our growing list of integrations features tools that are essential to our customers’ daily workflows like Slack, Zoom and Dropbox. Once connected to Onna, the potential use cases are limitless: Information Governance, eDiscovery, Compliance, Knowledge Management, are just a few ways Onna can empower organizations and their employees. With our platform, teams can unify, protect, search, automate, and build on top of their organization's proprietary knowledge, allowing them to leverage it in new and intuitive ways.
We're a distributed team with locations in New York City, Barcelona, Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, London & Toulouse, and many remote team members throughout the US. Onna is actively growing and we're thrilled to welcome new team members from across the world to a work environment that is collaborative, flexible, fast-paced, and lighthearted.
Onna aspires to be a place where people can bring their whole selves to work. We value empathy, grit, and balancing a sense of ownership of our work alongside appreciation for our teammate's accomplishments and effort. Your career growth is important, and we'll provide you with the tools, resources, and manager support to gain experience and further develop your skills.
In 2019, we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox, and in 2020 we closed a $27M Series B led by Atomico with participation from Glynn Capital, as well as follow-up investments from Dawn Capital, Nauta Capital, and Slack Fund.
Onna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the location the position is posted.