Product Actuary at Haven Life
Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
We are seeking a passionate, detail-oriented person to join our direct-to-consumer team. You will help shape the vision, planning, and execution of Haven technology and product innovation. You will be responsible for providing insurance and underwriting expertise to technology product owners, designing products that focus on the customer experience, and coordinating with underwriting, reinsurance, corporate actuarial, legal, and filing. You will influence the design and pricing of our direct to consumer insurance products with a particular focus on underwriting programs and market considerations unique to the Direct to Consumer marketplace. You will help analyze current data and processes to explore new innovative approaches to optimize the customer experience. You will collaborate with other actuaries and work directly with business leaders, reinsurers, and technology product owners to manage the profitability of the insurance products and guide the strategic decisions of the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Coordinate with actuaries and data scientists to determine pricing for new products and features, including underwriting programs. You will collaborate with data scientists and analytics to explore opportunities to leverage data for business decisions and assumption development
- Partner with heads of business and technology product owners to design new products, features, and underwriting solutions that improve the customer experience and meet customer needs
- Adopt an agile framework to schedule work, adjust as needed and continuously improve performance
- Communicate performance with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Work with data analysts to report on performance and interpret results
- Assist with product implementation including filing contract development, underwriting procedures, reinsurance treaties, and policy administration system calculations
- BS/BA required
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, including experience developing or pricing a new insurance product or underwriting program
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter
- Works collaboratively with others, and effectively communicates complex analysis, solutions, limits, and options to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Working knowledge of individual life insurance, individual disability, or individual long term care product underwriting
- Comfortable with analyzing data and working in spreadsheet applications
- Fellow in the Society of Actuaries
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship now or in the future
- Knowledge of life insurance, disability insurance, or long term care competitive landscape and the common distribution channels
- Experience leading the pricing of a new life product
- Experience leading the evaluation of innovative underwriting methodologies
- Software development or coding experience
- Familiar with R of Python for analytics
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.