A venture-backed industry leader in tech recruitment, Built In serves more than 1,800 innovative tech companies, with 2.5 million sought-after tech professionals visiting the site monthly. The platform leverages the power of content to help tech companies elevate their reputations as national, local or remote employers of choice, as well as leaders in DEI. With $30 million in funding to date, Built In raised $22 million in a 2019 Series C round led by Updata Partners with participation from existing investors including MATH Venture Partners, which led Built In’s previous two funding rounds. Built In’s most recent accolades include its inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ list and the 2020 Inc. 5000 list.
Built In is a tech leader with a unique position in the market, expanding its product and technology footprint, and building the leading B2B SaaS product nationally for employer branding and talent activation. Its B2C marketsite comprises professionals who aren't just active job seekers but are learning about the tech industry or seeking professional development with high quality content. Built In helps customers get in front of this audience and launch their journey from reader to candidate to new hire.
The product and technology team is leading this innovation for the fast-growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. We value talented people who are passionate towards solving business problems through innovation and best product and engineering practices. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking, outcome-driven environment in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers nationally (and building towards a global brand).We’re looking for a Product Director - Data and Business Intelligence
Built In is seeking a Product Director - Data and Business Intelligence. This role will be responsible for leading data, analytics and business intelligence product roadmap, and generating insights for internal and external customers to deliver commercial outcomes and competitive advantage to the company.
You have a passion for data and analytics. You have experience managing and/or collaborating with engineers, designers, data scientists, machine learning practitioners and researchers to deliver great products and solutions. You understand what drives data teams, you grasp what the business needs, and you know how to combine them. You are excited to promote an insights-driven data culture. The position reports to the VP - Product.How you’ll contribute
- You will be a player-coach, responsible for managing our business intelligence team as well as performing the duties below.
- Accountable for the development and execution of a unified data and business intelligence roadmap that will become the foundation of our data and advanced analytics platform
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to build a shared product vision and roadmap and execute on it for the company. We are organized around B2B, B2C, Data & Business Intelligence, Platform and Growth Pods with shared services of SRE and QA.
- Leading discovery of generating business value from data, creating custom reports, translating the analytics into a narrative that tells internal org, B2B customer or B2C user story
- Collaborate with key senior stakeholders across the organization to define key business questions and use cases, prioritize and plan work, and to execute into production and maintenance of relevant business intelligence output, dashboard and SaaS products
- Manage a team of professionals to manage the entire business intelligence development life cycle from concept through definition, development, QA and delivery. Be a coach and mentor leading career development and professional growth paths for the team members.
- Lead with innovation leveraging advances and developments in the data platform and advanced analytics industry to inform build decisions on core data and platform capabilities
- Define OKRs for data platforms and drive the team towards meeting or achieving those OKRs. This includes being accountable for individual OKRs within the Data organization.
- Identify new data sources that can be used to solve known business problems, and see those through to implementation.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of experience of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data and BI experience with significant business impact
- Experience leading a data product management and business intelligence function that has delivered strong value to the business
- Proven experience with designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions
- Experience with using Tableau, including SQL and writing complex queries preferred
- Experience with R, SAS, or Python
- Experience in Agile Development, principles and practices
- Ability to document detailed product concepts in the context of user needs, business impacts, and technical requirements for data and analytics
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Not afraid to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a female CEO and founder.