Product Experience Design Principal at Clear Street
About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
Our Design team is focused on unearthing our users’ needs, both internal and external. They are design generalists working closely with a cross-functional team to help create usable and delightful experiences. Clear Street’s designers have varied backgrounds, hailing from agencies, start-ups, and financial institutions. They take on projects from research and napkin sketches to final pixel-perfect designs and testing.
- Lead the UI/UX discipline with the Head of Design
- Float between initiatives, leveling up work where needed and promoting the value of design within the organization
- Evangelize the value of design, both in concept and in practice
- Collaborate on the UX design and lead content development
- Create the brand/product voice through rigor with content and make sure all content creators in the organization can easily understand and use the that voice
- Conduct research, understand best UX practices, and create the entire user experience from end-to-end
- You have 11+ years of relevant experience and previously managed a team of designers and must provide a link to your portfolio (password if applicable)
- You have mastery of Sketch, Figma and demonstrated excellent hygiene with documentation
- You are smart and able to gain knowledge and experiences from a breadth of different areas