Product Lead, Haven Life Direct-to-Consumer at Haven Life
Haven Life Insurance Agency is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple. It is composed of 250+ New York City-based engineers, marketers, designers, data geeks, and insurance nerds.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique. Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
You’ll be joining a team within Haven Life Direct-to-Consumer, focused on life insurance products sold direct to consumer and via 3rd party partnership. You’ll oversee our flagship Haven Term life insurance product and help launch new, innovative financial protection products, driving top line growth.
You’ll be leading a growing team of three product managers and two product designers, helping define and executing the insurance product strategy. This role reports to Haven Life’s General Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the General Manager of Haven Life to define the insurance product strategy
- Collaborate with Tech Lead to prioritize and sequence product and capability development roadmap
- Partner with marketing, business development, and functional teams to align priorities and execute cross-team, strategic initiatives
- Coach and manage a team of three (3) product managers and two (2) product designers
- Define, organize, and set product development team structure
- Participate as an individual contributor for product discovery, development efforts, and other initiatives, as needed
- 7+ years of work experience
- Intellectually curious, pro-actively seeks to learn new things and drive improvements
- Help others succeed by modeling professional behavior, supporting a culture of collaboration and inclusion, while staying humble
- History of successfully getting things done, via execution and clear ownership of large, complex product launches
- Demonstrated experience defining go-to-market and product strategies while working with sales and marketing for B2B or B2B2C products
- History of working with consumer product marketing and branding in developing customer-centric products
- Solid understanding of human-centered design principles and consumer product design good practices (e.g., planning, customer discovery, problem definition, development processes, collaboration workshops)
- Experience collaborating with legal and compliance or have worked in healthtech, fintech, regtech, insurtech, privacy & security
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to work full-time from our NYC office
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.