Betterment for Business is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It's selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored and smart financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment for Business is powered by Betterment's proprietary, smart technology that automates and optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. In addition to the core investing services, Betterment’s platform includes Betterment Everyday—Betterment’s cash management suite which offers a checking account, debit card, and high-yield account. Headquartered in New York City and created by the largest independent robo-advisor, Betterment for Business is used by leading employers like Casper and Boxed. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
Betterment’s mission is to empower people to do what’s best for their money so that they can live better, and this mission extends to all of our business. In this role, you’ll be a product manager for Betterment for Business, our platform that helps financial advisors offer superior service to their clients through Betterment’s technology.
Betterment for Business (B4B) was started in 2016 when Betterment couldn’t find a 401(k) plan in the market that offered our employees a thoughtful and intuitive investment platform, so we built our own 401(k) from the ground up. In the 5 years since that internal release, we’ve grown to serve more than 500 employers of all sizes and industries, with a particular focus on small and medium businesses. We also partner with registered investment advisors, who serve those employers using our 401(k) and Advisor platforms.
B4B is seeking a full time product manager to work with our dedicated Engineering and Design teams. In this role, you will be responsible for executing on a roadmap that helps to continue to establish B4B as the fastest-growing 401(k) platform in the market, and helping to set the roadmap for future quarters
This role is remote eligible. We are hiring in all states except CO.A Day in the Life:
On any given day, the PM for B4B may:
- Curate the roadmap and prepare upcoming features for development
- Socialize and coordinate upcoming feature releases
- Prioritize high impact problem areas based on customer and internal stakeholder feedback
- Partner with your engineering and design counterparts to work on high-ROI and iterative new builds
- Break down deliverables into small, shippable slices to maximize learning from each release
- Craft and test best-in-class copy to complement our tooling
- Conduct user interviews with our advisor, employer and employee clients or with our internal sales and support teams, partnering with our product designer
From time to time, the PM for B4B may also:
- Assist in strategy meetings with the GM and planning teams
- Attend roadmap review sessions with PMs working on direct-to-consumer products
- Assist the marketing team in coordinating communications about changes in the platform
- Perform competitive research on other employer-sponsored retirement plan providers
- Develop key success metrics for new product releases & track usage against those metrics
- Work with 3rd-party partners to expand and refine our external integrations with payroll providers, benefits brokers, and regulatory reporting solutions
- Experience working as a Product Manager in a software development setting or similar environment
- Prowess at cultivating relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Curiosity and a willingness to digest complex and changing regulations that impact our product area
- Decisiveness and ownership while assisting with product development decisions
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- The ability to break down ambiguous problems into a clear plan of action
- Success at communicating, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally and across seniority levels
- A passion for delivering the best possible service to our employer and employee clients
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, continually-evolving startup setting
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote