Product Manager, Cross-Platform Experience at Animoto
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:22 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, March 24, 2021
We are a remote-first, office-optional team. You are invited to do the best work of your life from anywhere within the USA.
At Animoto, we have always believed video is the most powerful form of communication. The pandemic has made this more true than ever. Small businesses face unprecedented challenges in connecting with their audiences, as consumers are also challenged to connect with friends and family. Video can bring us together.
That’s why our mission is to help anyone make a powerful, professional video. We make best-in-class, easy-to-use web and mobile video creation apps, with pre-built narrative templates and stunning video styles, that help our customers customize their own engaging videos to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next three years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun, on any device, in ways that have never been done before.
This is a career-defining opportunity for a Product Manager who is passionate about helping small businesses succeed through video marketing, and consumers connect with one another. If you have strong PM practices, are a collaborative leader of multidisciplinary teams, and have experience managing a product that delivers a great UX across web and mobile devices – we’d love to discuss how you can help us.
- Help us discover how web and mobile apps can complement each other to engage users in the right way, at the right moments, to help them succeed at video marketing
- Take our product to the next level, using emerging technologies (computer vision, ML, AI) to deliver a simple, personalized, magical video creation experience to millions of users
- Define and manage a product roadmap that will help us reach our growth goals
What you’ll do:
- Lead with vision. We have a clear vision of the experience we need to deliver to our customers within three years. You’ll play a key role in ensuring your team’s work lines up to that vision, and drives the right outcomes at each step
- Know our customer. You’ll work to deeply understand our customer through analytics, research, and regular interaction with customers
- Create strategy. You’ll help to shape our cross-platform strategy and ship product capabilities that achieve it
- Own the roadmap for the web and mobile cross-platform experience. You’ll capture a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritize this work so that your team is always working on the most impactful projects in service of our company objectives
- Work toward outcomes. You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Collaborate with your team. You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers. You’ll work with them to think big and envision a future state that address these opportunities
- Take a Lean approach. You’ll work with your team to ship value to customers as early and often as you can by scoping solutions down to the smallest version that will help us learn
- Communicate effectively. You’ll regularly present to the company and to stakeholders on the roadmap, progress, and learnings
- Uphold the user experience. You’ll seek to improve the quality of the user experience in the areas of the product that your team owns
What we’re looking for:
- Strong product management practices, applied within a relevant technology organization. Bonus points for SaaS experience
- Experience managing cross-platform experiences across web and mobile (responsive web, iOS and/or Android native apps)
- A track record of delivering customer value via business-to-consumer or business-to-small business products and features; with a corresponding record of business growth
- Ability to balance qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions
- Prior experience with emerging technologies such as computer vision, ML, and AI is highly valued
- Collaborative leadership of cross-functional agile software development teams including designers, engineers, and marketers
- Great communication skills. Whether having a one-on-one discussion, facilitating a team meeting, or presenting to stakeholders, you know how to communicate at the right level for the right audience
- An entrepreneurial attitude. You don’t wait for direction. You're self-driven and take action proactively. You make data-informed, timely decisions and unblock yourself and your team
What we offer:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- 100% covered health insurance
- Contribution to 401k
- $600 as part of our subscriptions perk
- Remote work setup
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Thursdays, Focus Fridays
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
Please note that we are not currently sponsoring visas.
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
Read Full Job Description