Product Manager - Fiats and Payments at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Product
Our team is made up of business analysts, technical product managers, and skilled project managers. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Product Manager - Fiats and Payments - Scalability
In this role, you’ll focus on the operational and customer experiences involved in supporting Gemini’s fiat onramp services. You will work cross-functionally to build and maintain best-in-class payment methods and fiat support services for Gemini’s customers, with a focus on scalability and support for operational teams. You will work closely with internal stakeholders to support accounting and treasury services, as well as using input from design and customer support to improve operational and user experiences alike.
We expect product managers to identify, manage, and iterate on opportunities for platform growth while helping to define the scope and objectives for continuous product success. Our Product Managers combine systematic analysis, experience, and ideation with partner teams to create detailed roadmaps and launch product initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility for critical team initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with Treasury, Accounting, Design, and Customer Support stakeholder groups to develop and maintain a prioritized roadmap of projects related to treasury management, financial operations, and support for all fiat currencies on Gemini.
- Own, from ideation to delivery, products relating to banking, fiat onramp/offramp, cash and treasury management, accounting, and more.
- Partner with design and development teams to make products easy to use.
- Manage both user-facing products, as well as internal tools and platforms used by a wide array of internal stakeholders.
- Engage in proactive development research to continuously identify and/or ideate opportunities for new features and products in the fiats and payments space.
- Work with third-party vendors, regulators, banking partners, and other external stakeholders to deliver best-in-class features and products to Gemini’s operational teams and customers.
- Regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product documentation - including project briefs / initiation documents, project proposals, user stories, QA document, FAQs, wireframes, and workflow charts - for use in audits and regulatory exams, as well as in updates to internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in product management, with proven track record of taking products from ideation to launch
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in treasury operations, accounting, payments, retail banking and/or FinTech
- Proficiency in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent timelines
- Affinity for teamwork-oriented culture and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
- Proven track record of shipping software products in an agile development environment
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology, such as fiat payments or trading platforms
- Fast-paced startup environment
- SQL and/or Looker
- Knowledge of UX/UI best practices including mobile products
- MixPanel or equivalent user analytics software
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.