Teachable is looking for a Product Manager to join our product development team working on getting tens of thousands of solopreneurs and small businesses accurate reporting, insightful data, and smooth access to their earnings.
Our amazing customers make hundreds of millions of dollars every year on Teachable and the Payouts team makes sure every penny is accounted for, and reaches their rightful owner—be it the tax authorities, affiliates, course authors, assistant coaches, or the business owners themselves.
Our development teams are structured into cross-functional Product Engineering pods each consisting of 3-5 engineers and 3 pod leads: An Engineering Lead, a Product Manager, and a Product Designer.
The pod leads are collectively responsible for executing on the pod’s mission. The Product Manager’s main responsibility is in driving crystal clear clarity into how we can best serve our customers, and earn a small slice of their revenue in return.
This position reports into the Director of Product responsible for our Money crew—a collection of pods responsible for our monetization capabilities.
We just crossed the boundary into the “three comma club”, having helped our customers sell for a total of a billion dollars in our first 6 years. It’s well within reason for us to repeat the next billion during 2021.
Our customers trust us to be their business partners and we need YOU to come play a critical role in fulfilling this promise.
- Working as an egalitarian partner with a Product Designer and an Engineering Lead to guide the Payouts pod in its mission.
- Facilitate opportunity discovery, solutioning and other forms of discovery, including the whole pod.
- Partnering with other pod leads in the Money crew to define and drive a subset of its strategy
- Play the role of Product Owner in the pod’s Scrum process
- Be primarily accountable for keeping all the pod’s collaborators, partners, stakeholders and other relevant parties informed of the pod’s affairs.
- Be primarily accountable for smooth and impactful go-to-market execution and customer adoption of the pod’s work.
- Conduct market research, qualitative research, quantitative analysis and generally constantly seek out more knowledge about the market and the customer.
- Be a conduit of information regarding financial compliance, regulations and other forms of limiting factors guiding the pod’s work.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience building software products, preferably in or around the FinTech space, or other highly relevant complex space with a high degree of regulatory sensitivities.
- A solid mid-level Product Manager with a fluent grasp on all the basic tools of the trade.
- Some experience working in growth stage ($10MM - $100MM ARR) companies
- A good understanding of entrepreneurship and the early journey of a tiny business.
Preferred Domain Expertise
- Tax and compliance topics, especially around sales tax (international and domestic), marketplace facilitator regulation etc.
- Tracking and accounting of earnings, including affiliate earnings, both internally and customer-facing
- Integrations to 3rd party providers—for what it’s worth, we use Stripe, Paypal, and Vertex a lot
- Experience with complex financial systems, including flow of funds (ACH, debit, PayPal, internationalization and currency conversion, etc.)
- Account setup and onboarding for financial products, including "know your customer"
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.