Haven Life is an insurtech innovator, backed and wholly owned by MassMutual that creatively uses technology to advance the life insurance industry and better serve the modern customer.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
Based in New York, this role will join the Underwriting Solutions team as a product owner leading long-term technical bets. You will work with a team of software engineers and QA to implement underwriting rules, data services, and features. You are expected to have strong product development skills, the ability to learn and design complex systems, and a passion for improving design and customer experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate with underwriting stakeholders and technology teams to fully reimagine underwriting system design and customer experience
- Work with other product owners, developers and QA in the design, execution, and testing of new underwriting systems and paradigms
- Partner with with legal, compliance, and subject matter experts to fully analyze and understand existing products, business processes, and systems
- Help with team improvement efforts by building tools to automate underwriting program optimization
- Evangelize good practices both on and off the team
- Pitch in wherever needed
- BS/BA required
- 3+ years of experience with product development, preferably in the insurance space
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated the ability to skillfully balance issue of accountability against other business and company priorities
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with extensive experience in an agile/adaptable environment
- Ability to work within the United States without sponsorship
- While we’re all working from home these days, you must have the ability to work from our NYC location full time when we return to the office.
- 5+ years of Product Owner experience
- Experience in a technical role such as software engineering
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.