ABOUT THE TEAM
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. We are disrupting morning routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
theSkimm Product, Design, Engineering and Editorial teams are a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creating products Skimm’rs love. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You will work some of theSkimm's most strategic assets and product offerings. You will work closely with the editorial and product development teams to evolve and iterate on existing products and building a strategic vision for new products. You will also be a partner to the revenue team to build innovative revenue opportunities and maximize existing products.
- Work on end to end product development, partnering closely with design, engineering, analytics, and editorial.
- Take a data-driven, user-centric approach to understanding behaviors, success, and opportunities for new product development.
- Work closely with the revenue team to define business KPIs and develop new revenue products, including within commerce.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years experience in product management
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision making
- Proven experience working directly with design and engineering teams to build and ship products
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to weave strategy, insights, priorities, and plan into a structured and organized storyline at all levels of management
- Ability to think on your feet and map bigger picture thinking to execute creatively. You know how to get sh*t done.
- Bachelor’s Degree
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY