Product Marketing Manager at Codecademy
We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $85M in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
We’re seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate has an analytical nature, passion for understanding user behavior, and a knack for creating compelling narratives. Reporting to the head of Product Marketing, you will lead the positioning and go-to-market strategies that help users engage with our products, develop habits, and become more committed learners. You’ll also use your strategy and analytical skills to develop customer segmentation strategies and develop strategic go-to-market campaign plans. While the role will initially be focused on a specific part of the user experience, it also provides a unique opportunity to support new long-term strategic projects, including new product innovation and product market fit expansion efforts.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the go-to-market launch planning to ensure successful launches for new and existing products and features
- Work with channel marketers, creative, and sales to build and optimize onboarding, engagement, and adoption programs that include measurable goals and outcomes
- Partner with Product and Curriculum to oversee the execution of content that can help nurture users and drive engagement and trial
- Refine our personas and partner with Data Science and Product to identify segmentation criteria that allow us to connect our marketing efforts to our personas
- Conduct and synthesize user research, competitive research, and industry and market trends
- Collaborate with Product and Design to articulate the user journey and identify key user insights to focus the product roadmap on the largest business opportunities
- Monitor, analyze, and optimize product marketing initiatives to achieve goals
- Develop compelling positioning and messaging grounded in user insights and competitive intel
What You’ll Need:
- 6+ years of marketing experience with 3+ years of product marketing experience; experience with consumer technology or SaaS businesses preferred
- Experience leading the strategy and execution of go-to-market campaigns and product launches, including working with channel marketers and creative teams
- Experience articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop strong product positioning and messaging hierarchy and work with partner teams to infuse into a holistic marketing and content strategy plan
- Experience developing personas and segmentation and analyzing user behavioral data to drive conclusions
- Experience working with testing and optimization tools to run A/B tests, landing page tests, and other optimization testing
- Strong empathy for the end user. Obsession with understanding user problems and needs. Experience developing personas and audience targeting strategies
- Strong analytical skills, including familiarity and understanding of Google Analytics, Looker, or similar tools
- Experience doing qualitative and quantitative user research and documenting and evangelizing user insights across the company
- Ability to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, and push projects further than expected
- Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience launching a new product line or major business initiative from the ground up
- Experience working in high-growth, start-up environments
- Previous subscription, SaaS, or edtech experience
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education
- SQL or other data analytics experience to complement analytics tools experience
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote