Product Operations Manager at Electric
Product Operations Manager
The Product Operations Manager works across the Product team and partnering business units to create seamless intake, planning, and delivery processes and related communications.
The Product Operations Manager will be accountable for partnering with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Operations, Operations, and other key business groups to efficiently negotiate prospective product opportunities- across forecasting, impact analysis, resourcing, costs, and timing. They will manage the overall roadmap and planning process and will also closely collaborate with product management to ensure the seamless delivery of new features and platform advancements including creating relevant documentation and training processes to inform impacted business units, as well as analytics frameworks for standardizing how we measure and report on impact.
The Product Operations Manager is an empathetic leader who creates bi-directional transparency for the Product organization, excels at building trusted relationships at all levels, and effectively balances the need for process with flexibility.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the organization that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the Product software and curriculum roadmap
- Work across product and engineering teams to deeply understand our current platform offerings and product roadmap to efficiently assess prospective opportunities, impacts to current roadmap commitments, and presents options forward to Product and Engineering Leadership
- Take an active role in defining the triage intake process including tools and communications
- Partners with Engineering leads to optimize and operationalize Electric’s agile development lifecycle
- Co-create and operationalize analytics frameworks across the Product team
- For large-scale product releases, partners with product management, product marketing and sales enablement to create relevant documentation, communications frameworks, including training, to educate impacted business units across all markets
- Identify and eliminate blockers, supporting teams on inter-team dependency management, and optimizing agile practices to improve - and sustain - throughput. They drive the delivery of immediate-term commitments while balancing alignment to strategic goals.
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team members and dependent teams
- Balance personal ownership and accountability of immediate responsibilities with the flexibility and drive to jump in and fill gaps across the team as they arise
- Create a motivational, transparent, collaborative, fun, and trustful environment where teams can work efficiently and deliver high-quality products quickly
- A natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team and builds trusted relationships at all levels
- Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit in identifying new methods of continuous improvement
- Model a philosophy of curiosity- and trust-based conflict resolution
- Actively reflect on your own behavior and continuously attempt to improve your most important asset - people, and their way of working
Who you are
- 5+ years experience using a combination of lean and agile (or equivalent) practices to help teams succeed
- Strong analytical skills
- High emotional intelligence – actively listens to understand, independent of agreement or motivation, courageously solicits and gives feedback
- Advocates for the minimum process for maximum efficiency and high-quality output
- Passionate about technology and building high-quality, user-centered products
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and support prioritization exercises
- Experience coaching agile teams a plus
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence) to independently manage tool and process optimizations