Product Owner, Data Engineering
Vimeo is looking for an experienced Product Owner to help shape and drive the development of Vimeo’s Business Intelligence and Data Engineering pipeline. You will play a pivotal role in defining the product roadmap and team backlog as well as driving execution of Vimeo data initiatives, including visualization tooling, data infrastructure, and potentially other tools pertaining to advanced analytics/machine learning.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the analysis of business and customer requirements and transform them into well-designed products and features
- Use a metrics-driven product development approach. Define success metrics for roadmap items and demonstrate measurable impact on those metrics
- Collaborate daily within a scrum team and other cross-functional team members
- Drive product vision for new BI dashboards and data visualizations, bringing a strong desire to innovate and taking ideas from prototypes to MVP to launch
- Influence product prioritization and help build our product roadmap
- Work closely with engineering to prioritize, plan, and track development
- Communicate progress and demo new features to the rest of the company
- Participate in all team Scrum ceremonies, partnering with the Scrum Master for grooming and planning sessions
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Owner, preferably for data teams
- 2+ years of experience with Looker or other relevant BI software
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Ability to work autonomously and lead product development efforts
- Comfortable with highly-technical teams and able to communicate across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research
- Fundamental understanding of core Agile principles including writing user stories, managing backlog and articulating product vision to the Scrum team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.