Data Product Managers at Peloton will lead the ideation and delivery of our data products. They help orchestrate business strategy, design and technology disciplines to drive solutions that provide significant business results through delivering highly effective stakeholder engagement. Data Product Managers will work with some of the most senior-level executives to drive alignment around the solutions we build and the value they deliver. They will also help ensure Peloton becomes more data-driven and focus on delivering against the KPIs for the data products.
The primary function of data product management is to balance the strategy, governance, and implementation of anything data-related, and facilitate the conversations between all impacted stakeholders — executives, engineers, analysts, other product teams, and external stakeholders — who consume the data.
About the Role:
An ideal Senior Director, Product Data Management should have demonstrated experience in managing and/or collaborating with engineers, designers, data scientists, machine learning practitioners and researchers to deliver great products and solutions. A successful leader in this role would require strong executive presence, ability to work effectively with remote teams and a proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results. You also need to show high collaboration, for both your stakeholders as well as your colleagues.
About the Team:
The Data Engineering organization’s mission is to enable member delight, ensure reliability and create asymmetric value for our members and company through data and advanced analytics. Our team strives to build a deep knowledge of Peloton’s members, so that we can inspire data-informed decision-making and maximize the impact of data on business outcomes and enhance member delight.
- As the first hire in Data Product Management you will build, lead and hold a team of Data Product Managers accountable for the development of a unified roadmap that will become the foundation of our data and advanced analytics platform at Peloton.
- Define OKRs for Peloton’s data platforms and drive the team towards meeting or achieving those OKRs. This includes being accountable for individual OKRs of all Product Managers within the Data organization.
- Be an effective leader who solves for stakeholder’s needs. We expect you to build enough business context to effectively partner and collaborate with many types of stakeholders, including engineers, analysts, and leaders from different teams and functions. Stakeholders include Data Science, Machine Learning, Risk and Compliance, Business Intelligence, Revenue Analytics, Product Intelligence, Member analytics, Finance, etc.
- Manage and support Product Managers in your product group, providing them with guidance and mentorship to maximize their potential.
- Continue to strive for innovation. Be aware of developments that are happening in the data platform and advanced analytics space. Help us be conscious of the trade offs between build vs. buy, and guide us to make informed plans. Build strategic partnerships with global companies that will give us a competitive edge.
- Be execution and delivery-driven. We care about delivering efficient solutions fast.
- You will build a shared product vision and roadmap and execute on it.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com