Senior Director of Product at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 6,200 retailers and more than 2,300 brands across 27 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders which translates to 39% of the overall legalized market.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’, as well as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an accomplished product leader with expertise across enterprise commerce technology to lead various product teams. As a Sr. Director of Product you will direct a team of Product Managers who build aspects of the LeafLink platform, the world’s leading wholesale platform for regulated cannabis, responsible for over 4B in GMV annually. You will partner closely with the CTO and co-founder and fellow leaders to develop a product vision, translate it into a roadmap, and drive plan execution.
We seek a candidate who is comfortable managing a wide scope, highly independent and talented product managers, and who can seamlessly partner across the LeafLink organization: with engineers, research, analytics, design, operations, finance, and others. You are an experienced manager who can build and elevate a team of hardworking Product Managers and Group Product Managers, located in New York City ideally. You are passionate about coaching, inspiring, and building a world class Product culture.
- Lead and mentor a high potential team, supporting their career advancement through mentoring, guidance, and transparent career path frameworks
- Drive overall product planning through Quarterly OKRs, POD level planning, and set clear metrics that measure success
- Identify and fix process gaps around planning, execution, roll-out, and ongoing adoption of features and experience across the LeafLink platform
- Refine and unify various team’s product roadmaps to identify areas of overlap, synergies, and to ensure overall alignment that addresses top company initiatives and priorities
- Communicate overall progress across various product teams, calling out wins and proposing changes where improvements can be made as we move forward
- Constructively debate product tradeoffs, priorities, and strategy to create trusted partnerships across teams to promote transparency, alignment, and maximal throughput of product value for our customers
- You are inspired by LeafLink’s vision, mission, and value system and are committed to driving us toward these pursuits daily.
- A track record of proven experience, accomplishments, and lessons learned leading product strategy, initiatives, and building successful products that enable other teams to move with speed
- At least 5 years of leading and developing a Product team, having shown an ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and cross functional organization
- Deep understanding for building platform products and how to build products that enable other teams to move with speed.
- Passion and enthusiasm for solving complex, multi-sided marketplace problems, developing strategies and roadmaps, and executing plans
- Experience defining and perhaps inventing product metrics, using them to drive decisions and adoption
- High enthusiasm for customer empathy, engagement, and outreach
- Natural collaboration and communication skills with a track record of building positive relationships across a broad, diverse organization
- Notable experience working in e-commerce, digital payments, enterprise, or two-sided marketplaces is a plus.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success