Hinge is at an inflection point in the growth of our users and our product team. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager with deep experience driving impact to lead our user Activation workstream.
This product manager will own the experience of every new Hinge user from their first moments with the app, helping to ensure that users can effectively express themselves through their profiles, set dating preferences and ultimately find a relationship worth deleting the app for.
Hinge has ambitious plans to expand our ever-growing user base in 2023 and this will be a highly visible role shaping how millions of people find connection.
You will lead a fully staffed, cross-functional team of iOS, Android and backend engineers, as well as designers, data scientists and user researchers. You will weigh tradeoffs between profile completion rates, profile quality and downstream impact on our most important outcome: helping people find their person on Hinge.
- Drive the roadmap and execution for the new and returning user onboarding experience at Hinge.
- Lead the ideation, design, technical development and launch of optimizations and new capabilities that will help users onboard more effectively and have more success finding connection.
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across the organization from partner teams to executives.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager at a consumer facing B2C or consumer-centric B2B company.
- Data-driven decision making. You have experience constructing A/B tests, using data to make decisions and inform priorities.
- Experience working directly with user research to define qualitative explorations and research roadmapsDemonstrated track record of product execution and impactful feature delivery with the ability to lead and influence teams.
- The ability to manage and work through high complexity, ambiguity to drive decisions and alignment.
- Ability to dig in with engineering and help make technical decisions that impact product delivery.
- Clear written and verbal communication. You clearly communicate product strategy and requirements into specs and roadmaps. You can speak to people at all levels and disciplines within the organization.
- Experience working on design-heavy, mobile first consumer products.
- Highly energetic and proactive with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong product sense and user empathy with familiarity with platform UI best practices.
- Enjoy making sense of chaos, continuously learning and working with a diverse group of builders, entrepreneurs, creators and all around great people.
- Entrepreneurial at heart, thrive in an ever evolving fast paced start-up environment and your passion is evident in your work.
- Natural ability to make things happen and get stuff done. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to communicate effectively, persuade others and influence outcomes.
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail.
The salary range for this position is $160,000 - $190,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.