Senior Product Manager, Matching & Pricing at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role:
Are you a product manager that loves diving deep into the data and optimizing algorithms to help customers and pros get the best possible experience? Angi is seeking an experienced, results-driven Senior Product Manager to own matching and pricing products for our $1bn/yr marketplace. You will have the opportunity to define how pros are matched to customers and have the chance to build out our pricing strategy to give pros the most value out of our product.
What you’ll do:
- Own & build the customer marketplace experience on our platform - including how we determine pricing for the products and the way we match pros to homeowners
- Own the metrics of your product so you’re always making decisions based on your deep understanding of the marketplace
- Set and drive ambitious goals and the roadmap to deliver on them
- Use all the levers at your disposal to drive step-function improvement in lifetime value for our pros and customers
- Balance the needs of our customers with the needs of our pros, optimizing for a mix of customer delight and pro success, while considering any risk to financials
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide
- Launch new products and features with a thoughtful testing approach
- Ruthlessly prioritize the most important things to get to an MVP quickly
- Collaborate with design, data science, engineering, and analytics teams to make smart decisions that deliver for customers and pros.
- Constantly work to discover new customer problems and new opportunities
Who you are:
- Deeply curious: you operate with a sense of urgency and always look for new ways to understand our customers and create value on their behalf
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning. You find creative ways around blockers and always have an option for what’s next and never an excuse for why you can’t proceed
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L's. You never say “that is not my job.”
Skills and Experiences needed for success:
- 5+ years of product experience, including leadership of an engineering team. If not direct Product Management experience, you have experience solving problems for customers and leading a team to build out those solutions.
- A track record of innovating on behalf of customers and developing ‘new to the world’ products
- Ability to use both qualitative and quantitative data to influence key stakeholders and make compelling product decisions
- Deep experience testing at scale, including partnering with data science to build new products
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health and to make hard prioritization decisions
- Superior communication skills: You can tell a compelling story; you communicate clearly and concisely and can tailor your message to your audience
Denver, CO or New York, NY are preferred locations for this position, but we welcome applications for talented product managers located anywhere in the US.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $90,000 - $170,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world