Senior Product Manager at StrongArm Technologies (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Since 2013, our founding mission at StrongArm Technologies has been and remains to keep the world’s Industrial Athletes™ proud, protected and productive. We achieve this through our pioneering FUSE safety wearables and the actionable ergonomic data they provide to individuals and management across numerous job types, industries and operating environments.
The Industrial Athlete™ is the beating heart of everything we represent and strive for here at StrongArm - the essential, frontline workers of the world who put their bodies on the line to perform a critical job function that positively impacts lives beyond their own. But that responsibility doesn’t come without its consequences. Far too often, preventable workplace injuries lead to lost shifts, missed paychecks and threatened livelihoods. That, to us, is unacceptable.
In order to most effectively prevent injuries in a given operational environment, we work closely with each client across many dedicated and leading-edge teams, including client services, data and engineering, IT security and others. Each safety program is tailored to the needs of the workers on the ground and the managers who oversee them, including what types of safety wearables and attachment options will suit them best, and the look and cadence of the safety reports that we’ll provide. The result is an actionable and scalable safety solution that seamlessly becomes part of a facility’s daily routine and is proven to prevent workplace injuries by as much as 64% across hundreds or thousands of Industrial Athletes.
As a Senior Product Manager in our product squads, you will play a vital role in leading the definition, deployment, and optimization of StrongArm’s intelligent hub Products that includes an android based touchscreen interface and an attached docking station as well has other interfaces such as a kiosk. these connected devices act as our gateway to our sensors and a major touchpoint for our Athletes on a daily basis. It helps to provide a point of sensor checkouts, sending data to our cloud infrastructure, providing meaningful data to athletes, and to give athletes a voice to management through feedback.
In this role, you will work closely with all the hardware aspects of mechanical and industrial design, to the electronics and the firmware running on the docks, and the tablet interface application for a comprehensive experience to the athlete. As we are a connected ecosystem, you will also work very closely with other Product Managers overseeing different parts of our system to ensure a cohesive and integrated system. You will work alongside and report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
The ideal candidate has the experience working with a connected device, understanding the hardware development process but also the intricacies of firmware and application development to a connected system. You understand the technical details but can also bring the human interface, user experience, and business needs into the product management workflow. The ideal candidate will be experienced bringing new products and technologies to market, and working with marketing, sales, and support to create product launches.
- Support the development of the product vision, strategy and roadmap related to a portfolio of our Smart Dock and Kiosk product lines and future derivative products.
- Digest customer and market feedback to drive a comprehensive product roadmap.
- Provide domain expertise and leadership for features that impact other development groups and their stakeholders.
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business and technical stakeholders to identify and prioritize requirements for the product roadmap, project plans, and sprints.
- Translate inputs and business needs into clear product requirements and user stories for engineering teams to execute towards a clear outcome and solve critical user needs.
- Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks, boards and detailed documentation across teams, as well as all necessary communication to internal stakeholders
Key Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum 6+ years of product management / development experience. Ideally managing products in wearables, connected hardware systems, robotics or consumer electronics.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design, Marketing / Communications or equivalent preferred
- Understand Design-Thinking with an eye towards user experience and user empathy
- Strong talent for multi-tasking and managing competing priorities effectively. Highly organized; attentive to details.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, execute and deliver products in a fast-paced environment
- Experience translating complex qualitative and quantitative customer feedback into successful products/features/solutions
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills to various stakeholders (internal and external / technical and non technical)
- Experience working with product management tools and product development processes
- Experience working on mobile applications for iOS or Android (preferred)
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Aetna Health & Dental Insurance
- StrongArm sponsored 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Home Office in Brooklyn, NY with work from home flexibility
- And plenty of others!
Brooklyn, NY or Remote within the Tristate Area with EST time zone work hours. Within commutable times to Brooklyn. Willing and able to travel at least 10-15 days per Quarter.
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer