Senior Product Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Product team in New York City. The role is a unique opportunity to help more US customers save money using TransferWise. So far, we’ve saved over 3 million customers more than $1 billion in bank fees so far. Yet we’re moving less than 1% of the world’s money. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone. Seen any of our top tips on the Subway recently?
NYC tip #528 There’s a Brooklyn beyond Williamsburg.
Money transfer tip #2 There’s a better exchange rate beyond your bank.
Career tip #6 Join TransferWise to help build money without borders.
- To grow TransferWise’s North American products by understanding and solving our customers problems. You will deliver world-class experiences and change how our customers spend, send, and receive money around the world.
- You’ll drive the end to end launches and iterations of many products including a debit card program, a balance product with local account details, payment method integrations, and much more.
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of our customers problems and work with a full stack product development team and many operational teams to solve them on web and mobile apps.
- You’ll help define the goals and vision for our TransferWise offering in North America, developing and delivering a roadmap of impactful features.
- You’ll help the team develop and measure KPIs for success.
- You’ll work across many different TransferWise teams to deliver solutions merging many teams offerings, as well as scaling products to impact customers in other regions.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
- Be flexible in how and where you work - we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- You have extensive Product Management experience (4 years+) and a proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious products. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen. You also need to demonstrate the ability to move metrics and reach your KPI goals.
- You place customers first. You make no compromise on this.
- You inspire others: You can explain the customer problems clearly and include others in the team to discuss solutions. You have an ability to work with a team to develop an inspiring product vision of how you see our product developing.
- You strive to be the best: Self-driven and make things happen, show a strong desire to succeed, always looking for opportunities, determined in pursuit of your own and your customers' goals.
- You’re a great communicator: An effective communicator, you’re straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You are data-driven. You need to be able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you. Numbers are the best way to do this. You are very rigorous about measuring impact and assessing expected impact. You know how to dissociate a bad MVP from a good one and can tell the difference between an A/B test that adds value and a one that is useless.
- Technical know-how. You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it's a secret passion. You need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You have knowledge of payment platforms, foreign exchange and highly complex systems
- You have developed / managed a product integrating with external partners and APIs or worked in a role that gives you a good understanding of them
- You had experience working with debit/credit cards, banks, and payment networks
- You had experience working with teams distributed across different locations and time zones
For a sneak peek into our world check: https://medium.com/transferwise-ideas
Some of your benefits...
This is a full-time position with our growing North America team in New York City. All of our full-time employees are eligible for our great benefits, including:
- Competitive package including salary, stock options, and company matches to a 401k plan
- Generous paid time off policy (24 days), including an all-expenses-paid company holiday in Europe
- A paid sabbatical after a certain period of time in the company
- Travel to and work with teams in our offices around the world
- Peace of mind with terrific medical, dental, and vision plans alongside family leave
- Many social events, including weekly team lunches, Swedish coffee time, monthly team events, and more
- A monthly gym stipend and commuter benefits
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: Autonomous teams, Product = people, What’s next for TransferWise, Building conviction, Anatomy of the founder interview.