Senior Product Manager at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things and actually talk.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to help write the next chapter for the world's largest network of local communities. You’ll play a pivotal role in developing the company's roadmap and shipping products that will spark explosive growth on and off the Meetup platform. You should have a solid reputation for building great products that have a big impact, as well as a proven track record of execution at tech companies.
Millions of people use Meetup to empower their personal growth through real human connection. We are passionately working toward a world where people can turn to each other to improve their lives, a vision that has never felt more important or necessary than it does today.
What we’re looking for:
For this role, we’re looking for someone to own and be responsible for defining the product vision and strategy of their team. You will lead the discovery and delivery of new features across native mobile and web platforms designed for the needs of Meetup organizers and members alike. You should have a passion for making data-driven product decisions supported by both metrics and user research and have a track record of successfully collaborating with multiple cross-functional stakeholders as well as product managers, engineers, and designers. Your ultimate goal is to build a high quality product that drives engagement from our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Be the product manager for a cross-functional product team leading the end-to-end product development process, shipping features across native mobile and web platforms using data and user research to guide your and the team’s decision-making.
- Clearly articulate, document, and communicate work, plans, roadmaps, and decisions using impactful user stories, problem statements, briefs and presentations both inside and outside your team.
- Lead the product development process for your team to achieve amazing results consistently by establishing metrics to measure product and team success.
- Take full ownership of your work, taking responsibility for every detail each step of the way.
- Inspire your team to create their best work.
- Ability to think long- and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision.
- Work cross functionally alongside engineering, design, marketing, customer support and other counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building top-notch consistent product experiences.
- Partner with other PMs to articulate the long, medium, and short term opportunities, facilitating alignment exercises when needed (e.g. design sprints, workshops, planning).
- Build a deep understanding of Meetup’s business and guide the iteration of its design systems, inter-dependencies, and product roadmap as well as our product development process.
You're our ideal teammate if:
- You want to help change a company and position one of the Internet's great brands for explosive growth.
- You develop and drive forward the mobile product vision to align with the company vision and help inform product and design team roadmaps and goal setting.
- You've held a senior product role (in-house) at a consumer tech or e-commerce company.
- You've launched great iOS and Android apps.
- You're obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship.
- You collaborate successfully with designers and engineers.
- You think strategically but you also love getting your hands dirty.
- You're up on all the latest trends in mobile, voice, payments, and other emerging platforms and you have a strong instinctual sense of where things are going so that you can ensure Meetup's continuing success in the future.
- Bonus: You have international experience. Meetup is translated into 12 languages, with more being added soon.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?