Sr. Director, Product Operations at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Sr. Director, Product Operations
New York, NY, US, 10012
Date: Jul 14, 2021
Req ID: 3493
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
We are hiring a Senior Director in Product Operations to lead two large critical functions for (1) how we manage our Direct-to-Consumer application features globally and (2) how we drive best in class testing, betas, and product rollout.
This Senior Director will lead our feature and app release schedule in partnership with our Product, Technology, and Country teams, and ongoing release plans for discovery+ across all platforms where it is offered, including websites and applications on popular platforms, such as Apple, Android, Amazon, Roku, Samsung, and others. They will be a strategic partner to Discovery leadership to effectively plan product release timelines across all countries that it is offered. This role will guide the strategic plan on how we improve our release timelines, how we communicate and plan our launches, the testing and quality of our launches across all international countries, accounting for the differences in market dynamics, compliance and legal requirements, and platforms.
This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the customer. They will relentlessly investigate defects and poor customer experiences to identify the root causes and determine how to improve the customer experience. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with senior business, engineering, quality assurance, and marketing leaders to determine the strategic goals, plans, and operating practices needed to plan and execute the discovery+ release schedule.
- Lead the team that plans and executes the discovery+ feature and app release schedule.
- Develop the forward looking plan as well as historic tracking for all features, across all applications and platforms, and in all countries where Discovery has, or will have, a presence.
- Lead the product Betas and rollouts across all markets and/or major new product releases.
- Partner with local international leaders to understand unique local customer and business needs.
- Leverage data and insights to drive innovative release and testing enhancements throughout the end-to-end launch experience.
- Build a scalable team to manage and enhance the tools, process, and ways we work.
- Hire, manage, and develop program leaders and professionals, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers.
- Build an innovative and disciplined team culture that builds trust, encourages collaborations, maintains strong accountability, delivers results, increases employee engagement, and has fun.
- Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience in program leadership in technology, media, or relevant industries.
- Minimum of 2+ years managing teams to deliver compelling customer focused programs, with responsibilities that included day-to-day management, professional development, hiring, retention, coaching, and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and peers to evaluate new ideas, discuss business and product needs, invent or adapt tools and process, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks in the pursuit of consistent improvement of our tools and process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience.
- Experience working with engineering, product, design, and marketing teams.
- Master’s degree in business or a relevant is a plus.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]