Discovery is the new global leader in real-life entertainment. We bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences through digital and streaming services in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around us through amazing experiences.
Discovery's Digital Media team offers the excitement of building new digital streaming services with the backing of Discovery’s well-funded and iconic legacy business. We work fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products, platforms, services and experiences for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, and Travel Channel.
Our talented and engaged Product, Design and Creative teams are passionate about our mission and responsibility building the future of Discovery Digital. If what gets you out of bed in the morning is doing phenomenal work, with a fun, passionate team then this is the role for you.
The Sr. Product Manager, Customer Experience will lead customer facing product management efforts across Discovery’s new streaming and direct to consumer services. They will research, test, and optimize every touchpoint with the customer. From dynamic homepage experiences, to customer service journeys, if it can make a user’s experience better, you will be working on it.
The Sr. Product Manager, Customer Experience will focus on our direct to consumer and core digital experiences. Product oversight includes responsibility for working cross-functionally with a team of talented product managers, designers, and engineers to drive the company’s end to end product vision and strategy, while collaborating to ensure a world-class product experience that drives business results and further builds our unique brands with passionate customers.
1. Define the opportunities and areas of most value to enhance the customer experience of our products, bring a data-driven perspective on how best to iterate.
2. Participate in all phases of product development lifecycle, from evangelizing the roadmap to creating detailed product requirements and managing prioritization, through launch and post-launch activities.
3. Focus on the customer experience, creating ease of use while improving lifetime value, and finding new ways to unlock more frequent and longer engagement with our digital products
4. Define research and generate insights that support, inform and drive the roadmap and development.
5. Identify new ways to unlock unique and creative revenue streams that delight rather than detract from the customer’s experience
6. Define, track, and report on Smart Goals & OKRs that drive product decisions and measure success.
* 5+ years’ experience developing successful customer experiences.
* Deep knowledge of dynamic UI/UX, data driven personalization, and digital revenue tactics
* Demonstrate technical knowledge across the interactive and OTT/SVOD streaming landscape
* Proficient in supporting decisions using product data, analytics, and best practices to drive results.
* Experience working across desktop, mobile apps, CTV, Roku, voice and digital streaming platforms.
* Working knowledge of relevant application and platform technologies and Agile methodology.
* Global and international product launch experience is preferred.
* Freemium business model experience is preferred.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Hands-on leadership style while able to manage teams through product complexities and stakeholders.
* Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
* Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across the entire organization & extended teams.
* Successful in start-up environments, with a drive to get things done.
* Take ownership and initiative with little oversight.
* An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Interested candidates must submit a Resume/CV online to be considered
* Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice as necessary
* Must be willing to work in New York, NY
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must be covered by Solutions, Discovery Inc. Alternative Dispute Resolution Program