Sr Product Manager at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the product team working on our Food Network Kitchen app, a subscription app focused on providing a best-in-class experience helping users learn how to cook, discover new recipes and organize their cooking efforts. Reporting to the VP Product, Food you will be tasked with leading product initiatives focused on growing our direct to consumer subscription business.
The ideal candidate is customer obsessed, collaborative, and data driven. The candidate is a highly effective communicator and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product management that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
● Owns high impact feature sets and area(s); skilled at product development and optimization with limited direction
● Consistently able to define strategy and translate into roadmaps; comfortable setting priorities and building shared understanding across teams
● Acts with autonomy to represent the product and navigate problems; decisions are right, often
● Judiciously advocate for resources; equally judicious about releasing resources
● Conducts analysis to ensure the right features are built to achieve product and business goals
● Establishes and drives ship cadence; build credibility by ensuring high quality, defect-free products
● Emerging skills handling ambiguous problems, seeks input and support
● Develop product and business strategy based on customer needs; demonstrate customer empathy
● Influence peers and stakeholders as VOC
● Use process and mechanisms to ensure product meets customer needs
● Skilled at conducting qualitative research & A/B testing
● Be an effective partner, ally and advocate for Engineering, Design, and Business teams.
● Create business documents, PRFAQs and Project Reports
● Delivers high-quality product features and optimizations; use data to validate impact and demonstrate that you can achieve high-impact goals with your feature priorities
● 5+ years of experience in digital product management with a track record of deliveringconsumer product s that customers love
● Exceptional analytical skills, with experience analyzing and rapidly conducting experiments to optimize product conversion
● Experience product managing applications across a wide variety of platforms
● Deep empathy for customers and other humans
● Experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
● Deep knowledge of commerce technology vendors and ecosystems
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Strong experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
● Ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
● Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus
● Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
● Operates with a bias to action
● Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City