New York, NY, US, 10012
Date: Apr 30, 2021
Req ID: 2925
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
The Sr. Product Manager brings domain expertise and deep understanding of Marketing Features and Technology with a head for data and how to optimize it for actionable enhancements. The ideal candidate comes with a strong background in subscription Direct-to-Consumer businesses and has experience in working at large scale. Experience in video streaming services is desirable.
The Sr. Product Manager will be a bridge between our Product, Marketing and Technology teams.
• Lead the Marketing Technology (CRM & CDP) workstream within the global product team; creating alignment across engineering, product, technology and marketing teams. Working across both global and territory specific use cases.
• Own the CRM & CDP roadmap: Communicate a clear set of consumer and commercial needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization. Champion the marketing technology needs across the business.
• Plan the CRM & CDP strategy in order to improve Marketing execution, determining the best implementation methods and managing implementation timelines
• Develop global requirements for localized data, models, cohorts and targeted customer data (for acquisition, conversion, engagement, retention and marketing).
• Partner with the Marketing, Product & Technology organizations to develop additional capabilities across Customer Communications (e.g. Email, Notifications), deep linking, marketing integrations, partnerships, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and ASO (App Store Optimisation).
• Define and prioritize business requirements consisting of epic charters, user stories, and functional requirements.
• Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features with ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Pipeline reporting
• Participate with the wider global team to improve and develop new tools and processes
• Identify bugs, report them and work close to our Marketing & Technical teams on their resolution
• Maintain an intimate knowledge of martech stack and data sources
• 5+ years of demonstrable deep CRM and Data experience
• Deep understanding of first, second, and third party data collection systems and sources, as well as experience utilising customer data to generate value.
• Expertise in collection and use of customer data in a customer privacy first methodology.
• Strong understanding of AVOD and SVOD marketplaces and competitive dynamics.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of interlocutors
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize and execute a large number of tasks, and resolve issues quickly
• Proactivity associated to a “can do” way of working
• Problem solving and a positive attitude in a fast pace environment
• Autonomous personality and interested in taking initiatives and lead on projects
• Strong communicator, skilled at aligning business stakeholders and managing shifting priorities.
• Experience of working within both global and territory specific environments.
• Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello, Asana, Confluence) and bug tracking systems (ex: JIRA).
• Previous experience collaborating with complex cross-departmental teams to launch features in an Agile environment.
• Direct experience in detailed planning and prioritization of epics and road mapping feature requests.
• High comfort level in analytics and generating business insights from data trends
• Previous experience of digital product management role and functional knowledge of related technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to create Business Requirements Documents with little oversight.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States or the United Kingdom
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City