Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Help us transform a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager for the Engineering Security team. You will work closely with outstanding engineers, pen-testers, and others throughout the company. Your role will be the glue that holds that cross-functional effort together from start to finish.
Straddling the line between high-level approach and hands-on execution, you are well versed in product and business strategy; capable of presenting deftly about technical topics; and passionate about the impact a dedicated team can have on security and keeping customer data safe.Responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of software engineers that focus on safety and security of our most important business systems.
- Defining the roadmap, metrics, and objectives through deep research and understanding of business goals, with a focus on balancing the needs of security against developer experience and accurate prioritization of security initiatives/issues weighing security risk against added value and effort.
- Bringing your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation.
- Prioritizing work with consistency and transparency. Collaborating well with partners to ensure feature adoption and success.
- Improving documentation for critical systems and processes.
- You have worked 5-8 years in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives, ideally in the security field
- You have deep technical understanding in one or more areas - Identity and Access Management, Encryption, Run time security (breach detection, vulnerability management), and Cloud workload security capabilities
- Deep domain knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS cloud services
- Proven experience with several compliance standards and frameworks such as NIST, SOC2, ISO
- You are an analytical problem solver who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach.
- You have a history of listening to users, understanding their needs and creating improvements to meet those needs.
- You learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers.
- Committed to collaboration and able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value.
- Consistent record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.