Sr Technical Product Manager
We are a small, but mighty team, working at the crossroads of technology andentertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
If you have a passion for digital technologies, strong experience working closely with engineers, and love working on the stuff "under-the-hood," then we would love for you to join our team as a Technical Product Manager for our Platform, focusing on the tech that powers our front-end applications.
1. Own, manage, prioritize, and be accountable for the roadmap/backlog of the front-end framework powering Web, Samsung & XBOX clients.
2. Is the subject matter expert on features and functionality of web and hosted web apps.
3. Partner with other technical and consumer facing product managers to ensure consistency across applications.
4. Work closely with Delivery Managers to manage dependencies, risks, solutions, and deployments.
5. Establish objectives and key results for the team, using data.
6. Represent the group in cross-departmental communications.
* 5+ years working in the digital space for a technology or media company
* 5+ years working closely with internal or external clients, partners and engineers
* Is enthusiastic and a "go-getter." Thrives on building and cultivating relationships with others
* Ability to translate technical terms or problems into natural language understood by non-technical parties
* Very comfortable with data; must be able to perform analysis using all the dashboards at their fingertips
* Never hesitant to roll-up your sleeves and dive-in to help troubleshoot technical issues, or perform QA and UAT
* Familiarity with video delivery, CDN technologies, content management systems, database technologies (MySQL, NoSQL), and client-server application architecture a must
* Familiarity with Agile and DevOps processes a must
* Familiarity with ad-based and/or direct-to-consumer products a plus
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
* College degree; BA/MS in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States