Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc is looking for a Technical Product Manager to strategize, ideate, and execute on a roadmap that will define the future of Zocdoc’s backend services and APIs. As a technical product manager, you’ll inform new systems and features development that product teams across our organization will use to build new user experiences. You’ll help define service level objectives and indicators to ensure Zocdoc will scale to meet the demands of our users. By ensuring high availability and high developer productivity, you’ll make sure that the features we build are functional, secure, and resilient, enabling millions of patients to get the care they need.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Excited to work with diverse stakeholders, listen to what their needs are, and find ways to improve their day-to-day
- Passionate about technology, data quality, tooling, and scale and the role they play within a consumer-facing, technology-driven company
- A strong collaborator who enjoys being the bridge between engineering, product, and internal stakeholders
- Analytical, data-driven, and pragmatic in your decision making
- Motivated by complexity and overcoming technical challenges
Your day to day is…
- Working closely with your Engineering Manager counterpart to manage projects and KPIs
- Communicating throughout the organization, including with partners in other Product Engineering teams, Finance / Accounting, Sales, and Service, to gather input to inform and ideate on the team’s roadmap
- Defining and iterating on the measurement of platform SLIs and SLOs
- Keeping up to date with technology standards, best practices, and design patterns to inform the direction of our team
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 3+ years of technical product management experience
- Experience leading all aspects of product management, from ideation to launch, with a focus on improving key metrics
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- A proven track record of being a partner between engineering and product. Engineers enjoy working closely with you and you with engineers.
- Solid technical, analytical, and quantitative skills that you utilize to drive recommendations and make decisions. SQL skills will help.
- An unrelenting desire to build more equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.